"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #1711
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
1 slice of honey wheat bread, with the crust cut off, topped w pbj & 1/2 small bag of harvest cheddar sun chips.
Happy to see you are getting some protein into you. Keep up the good work.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #1712
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We bought the most beautiful bag of fingerling potatoes from Costco on Sunday. 5 different colors. I boiled up a few and mashed them with low fat Greek yogurt, butter, green onions and chives. Mixed in some Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedges, and topped with a few sprinkles of bacon bits.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #1713
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Happy to see you are getting some protein into you. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Addie! I know I should be cutting more carb's out of my diet & start concentrating on more fruits & vegetables.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #1714
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks Addie! I know I should be cutting more carb's out of my diet & start concentrating on more fruits & vegetables.
Because of the limitations of your diet after surgery, it is now like you are starting all over again. You do good when you weigh and measure your meals. If you are going to have bread, make it grain bread. You know the routine. Now it is time for you to get back into the groove where you were before the surgery. Sure it was nice to be able to eat things that you have been denying yourself for these past weeks. With your being able to go to the pool mixed with your being back on your diet, you should start seeing the pounds leaving and falling off again.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #1715
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Because of the limitations of your diet after surgery, it is now like you are starting all over again. You do good when you weigh and measure your meals. If you are going to have bread, make it grain bread. You know the routine. Now it is time for you to get back into the groove where you were before the surgery. Sure it was nice to be able to eat things that you have been denying yourself for these past weeks. With your being able to go to the pool mixed with your being back on your diet, you should start seeing the pounds leaving and falling off again.
Thank you for your support Addie! The scale isn't moving yet. Still keeping it around 1,500 calories a day, hope to be seeing results soon.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #1716
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thank you for your support Addie! The scale isn't moving yet. Still keeping it around 1,500 calories a day, hope to be seeing results soon.
I am always here for you.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #1717
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a bowl of Special K
Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #1718
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I want to try some different specials at work with eggplant & need to learn more about it. Thanks for sharing!
I used to make moussaka regularly - it's similar to lasagna, with spiced ground beef or lamb layered with eggplant, topped with bechamel sauce. Since eggplant sucks up so much oil during frying, I started broiling it instead. Works just as well and it's less oily and messy.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #1719
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday for lunch I had nachos - tortilla chips with salsa and cheddar cheese. I need to make some more pickled red onion.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #1720
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I used to make moussaka regularly - it's similar to lasagna, with spiced ground beef or lamb layered with eggplant, topped with bechamel sauce. Since eggplant sucks up so much oil during frying, I started broiling it instead. Works just as well and it's less oily and messy.
I was looking at All Recipes and they had a sandwich where they baked the eggplant of cookie sheets. Seasoned and a bit of olive oil on top.

Tags
lunch