What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was up all last night and slept today. So my lunch was around nine tonight. I had Vermicelli pasta with Alfredo from scratch sauce. I made double so I can have more the next time I feel like eating. :angel:

oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, walnuts, strawberries & fresh pineapple. I need all those toppings to gag down the oatmeal. I went to the doc. today & my numbers are all to high I need to start eating more healthy.

1/2 oriental chicken salad at applebee's. Not real good, alot of cabbage & poor service.

We have not had it yet SB...we will be heading out for lunch in about an hour, at 12pm :)

I will let you know what it is like ;)

It will be different as we have only ever had the beef here too :)

I put on my scuba gear and went for a dive in the freezer. Came back to the surface with some chicken stock, chopped chicken, some peas, bok choy, and mushrooms. Decided to make a "sorta chicken curry" dish for lunch. First I melted some butter and added curry powder (made by a friend), made that into a roux. Added the chicken stock, meat, peas, bok choy, grated carrot (not found in the freezer--came from the garden), and mushrooms. Simmered that until the veggies were done. In the meantime, I made some brown rice and dumped the chicken curry on top of that with a bit of fresh, chopped It. parsley and some chopped tomato. It was tasty.

How was it? We do not have lamb burgers here in the midwest at McDonalds.

SB, we loved it...it was very tasty and very large...so full afterwards!

The actual burger was very tender and succulent, lamb is lovely :yum:

We were surprised how much it actually tasted like a homemade burger :)

For lunch today I had a small bowl of steel cut oats topped with granny smith apple, strawberry, fresh pineapple a few walnuts, brown sugar & skim milk. It all fit in a 10 oz. cup. I also enjoyed a blueberry low-fat greek yogurt with it.

Back
Top Bottom