What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bowl of Cheerios and half a pear.

Would love to try the lamb burger, Kylie! Will trade you a McRib for one!

Homemade warm-from-the-oven ww pita cut in half and smeared with homemade mayo, stuffed with sliced Brandyvine tomato, Greek basil, jalapeno pepper, Jarlsberg cheese, and sweet pea leaves. Yummy! .

Today I made scrambled eggs with chopped onions (I cooked the onion for a bit in butter before adding the rest), chopped roast beef lunch meat, and a little shredded cheddar (cheese added at the end). They were delicious!

I would love to know how to make that...sounds so healthy and delicious!
This meal actually came from the Whole Foods across the street from my office. I'm surprised by the variety of healthy dishes they offer on their hot food bar. I stop by there a couple of times a week, and very rarely see the same thing twice.

I love their hot bar too! I'll look for that one. I go about once every two weeks because nothing beats their fresh produce...it always lasts longer than when I purchase the same thing at other grocery stores. Then I treat myself to their hot bar....a little of this and a little of that for $5 is fun and reasonable. Since they charge by weight, I always make sure I add a weightless nutrient dense item from the salad bar like kale as a side. Adds color too. I like color :yum:

mollyanne said:
I love their hot bar too! I'll look for that one. I go about once every two weeks because nothing beats their fresh produce...it always lasts longer than when I purchase the same thing at other grocery stores. Then I treat myself to their hot bar....a little of this and a little of that for $5 is fun and reasonable. Since they charge by weight, I always make sure I add a weightless nutrient dense item from the salad bar like kale as a side. Adds color too. I like color :yum:

My last mistake at WF, an $18 salad! I just kept adding stuff, it all looked so good. DH and I WERE able to get 4 meals out of it, but beware the scale! I was so freaked out, I left my wallet at the checkout. Thankfully, I spotted it before someone else did.

Last edited:
That's funny dawgluver, but I can't laugh too hard at you because I did the same thing the first time I went. My daughter, who's a seasoned visitor to the WF hot bar, spent $4 and I spent $12. I observed and found that she chose lighter weight items and smaller portions of each. I learned quickly to take just a small spoonful each of various dishes at the hot bar and then "fluff it up" with some salad bar items. It's healthier that way too.

:LOL: A teaspoon of everything added up to $18, including the greens. I also found out, too late, that you put the salad dressing in separate containers and they don't weigh it, and it doesn't count in the end price. Oh well, it averaged out to $4.50 a meal for 4 lunches.

It was a busy lunch today. Still working on training additional staff. It feels like you do everything twice. So, for lunch today I had a 3 oz souffle cup of mixed nuts. After I got out of the pool I had a banana.

It was a very good sandwich provided by an OSHA inspector as they gave us our annual inservice on bloodborne pathogens. It had ham, pepperoni, provolone and peperoncinis.

It was a very good sandwich provided by an OSHA inspector as they gave us our annual inservice on bloodborne pathogens. It had ham, pepperoni, provolone and peperoncinis.
Sounds like a great sandwich.

I had a cup of homemeade vegetable beef soup & saltines.

Back
Top Bottom