"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #2201
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I like the addition of blues cheese. Jazz cheese is good too.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #2202
Chef Extraordinaire

Today's lunch is a salad. 1/2 head romaine lettuce, 2 stalks celery, 1 apple, diced, 1 oz crumbled feta cheese, 1 oz raisins, about 1/4 c black beans, two yellow apples, almonds, about 2 oz. of leftover lamb, sliced. Dressing is EVOO, red wine vinegar, S&P. Dessert is a banana (I hate bananas, but decided the health benefits outweigh my aversion to them--mind you, I am very, very picky about the ripeness and odor. I can't eat one in front of anyone, because I do gag between bites, but I'm working on it.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #2203
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Today's lunch is a salad. 1/2 head romaine lettuce, 2 stalks celery, 1 apple, diced, 1 oz crumbled feta cheese, 1 oz raisins, about 1/4 c black beans, two yellow apples, almonds, about 2 oz. of leftover lamb, sliced. Dressing is EVOO, red wine vinegar, S&P. Dessert is a banana (I hate bananas, but decided the health benefits outweigh my aversion to them--mind you, I am very, very picky about the ripeness and odor. I can't eat one in front of anyone, because I do gag between bites, but I'm working on it.
CWS, there is nothing in the world that would make me eat something that I had that much of an aversion to. Brussels Sprouts come to mind.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #2204
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
CWS, there is nothing in the world that would make me eat something that I had that much of an aversion to. Brussels Sprouts come to mind.
It has been a challenge. The bananas have to be perfect--not overly ripe, not too "banana-y" smelling and the only reason I'm eating them is for the health benefits. When the tomatoes are ripe, I'll dump the bananas.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #2205
Chef Extraordinaire

What do you need from the bananas that you're not getting from something else you're eating?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #2206
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
It has been a challenge. The bananas have to be perfect--not overly ripe, not too "banana-y" smelling and the only reason I'm eating them is for the health benefits. When the tomatoes are ripe, I'll dump the bananas.
That's how I eat bananas, I just don't do the gagging thing.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #2207
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Have a hard time with bananas too, unless they're in something like a smoothie. Brussels sprouts, there's no way I'd eat them in anything.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #2208
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
This pics is a week old, but it's what I had today. . .I can't believe I had a salad as a meal, after years of touting: A salad is not a meal, it's a promise that there is food to come.
That salad is definitely a meal. Look what's in it... all kinds of things that are good for you and it looks like it'd be pretty yummy. I love my lunch and dinner salads.. yup.... salad for dinner! Greens, red onion, cucumbers, celery, cheese and walnuts or spiced pecans with grilled chicken or salmon, or a turkey burger (sans roll) or pork chop on the side. A lunch salad might sometimes include tuna. I've found some great light cheeses that aren't like that processed garbage (like rubbery Cracker Barrel). One is a really good blue cheese either crumbled or a wedge by Bella, and the other is Trader Joe's Celtic cheddar.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #2209
Senior Cook

Basic stuff today: Turkey melt (thin sliced turkey & shredded cheddar cheese) on sourdough with mayo, Dijon mustard & pepper; potato chips, and purple grapes.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #2210
Cook

Yummy Salad

Today is a really yummy salad with lettuce, red onion, cucumber, celery, TJ's red. fat Celtic cheddar, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and grilled chicken. Dressing is my basic go-dressing (family recipe) with Greek yogurt and honey added. Definitely worthy of being dinner... but treating myself to a nice lunch. Picture below (wish I had tossed it first... looked nicer)

Tags
lunch