"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #2211
Senior Cook

"TJ's red. fat Celtic cheddar, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and grilled chicken. Dressing is my basic go-dressing (family recipe) with Greek yogurt and honey added."

JanetMlr: This is a recipe my wife and I would love for dinner. What is "TJ's red?" Do you use the "Craisin" type of dried cranberries? Also, can you elaborate on your basic go-dressing? This looks divine....

Old 06-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #2212
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiklitmanfan View Post
"TJ's red. fat Celtic cheddar, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and grilled chicken. Dressing is my basic go-dressing (family recipe) with Greek yogurt and honey added."

JanetMlr: This is a recipe my wife and I would love for dinner. What is "TJ's red?" Do you use the "Craisin" type of dried cranberries? Also, can you elaborate on your basic go-dressing? This looks divine....
"TJ's red. fat Celtic cheddar"

I think this is "TJ's reduced fat Celtic cheddar." I don't know what her go-to dressing is

Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #2213
Chef Extraordinaire

Nothing. I forgot to eat today until just now when I saw the title. So I grabbed a very large piece of Swiss Cheese and am munching on that.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #2214
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

DH was tired of leftovers, so he brought home a box of salad bar stuff from a local restaurant for us to split.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #2215
Certified Pretend Chef

I had some leftover pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes from the other night. Another meal's worth remains for tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #2216
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ham, provolone, pepperoni, sprouts, spinach and Italian dressing on a cheese roll.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:43 PM   #2217
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
"TJ's red. fat Celtic cheddar"

I think this is "TJ's reduced fat Celtic cheddar." I don't know what her go-to dressing is
So sorry about the abbreviation. I shouldn't have done that. I should have just called it "lite" in the first place, which I believe is what's on the package. I guess I was being a bit lazy. My "go-to dressing" is a basic dressing my mom made, and I have made for years, and both my son and daughter also make. It's just a good basic dressing. I don't measure anything but it's canola oil and apple cider vinegar (about 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar), oregano, fresh crushed garlic, dry mustard, a little Worcestershire sauce, paprika (I always use Hungarian paprika) and a bit of sugar. I like to make other dressings, but that's the dressing I use most of the time. Every now and then I take a little of that dressing and add dijon mustard and honey. And for today's salad I used some of my basic dressing and added honey and Greek yogurt and tarragon.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:57 AM   #2218
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMlr View Post
So sorry about the abbreviation. I shouldn't have done that. I should have just called it "lite" in the first place, which I believe is what's on the package.
I go and apologize for the abbreviation, but didn't mention that TJ's is Trader Joe's. But any good cheddar is of course is fine, or other cheese of choice.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:54 AM   #2219
Chef Extraordinaire

Today's lunch is a huge salad--garden lettuce, baby kale, Swiss Chard, red and green cabbage, radish, carrot, walnuts, Arctic char, mango, tomato, golden raisins, fennugreek sprouts, black chickpeas, pansy blossoms, garlic scapes, grated parm, and apple. Dressing is some of my homemade cherry vinegar, EVOO, Dijon mustard, S&P whirled with the immersion blender. That should keep me going all afternoon.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #2220
Cook

I just had the most amazing sandwich... and NO BREAD!

That's right... no bread! And the bread that isn't bread? It's cauliflower! Cauliflower florets, were riced and cooked, and moisture squeezed out. Added to it was an egg, a little mozzarella cheese and s&p. And I do not eat cauliflower. I've used it to make a dish for holidays, but never eat it. Once the 'bread' slices were baked to a golden brown, and cooled, it was perfect to work with. Then I just made grilled cheese like I'd make any grilled cheese.

Leave it to me to get excited about a cauliflower grilled cheese sandwich. But it was delicious!

Today's breakfast was V-8, egg salad on a small ww hamburger roll, turkey sausage links, coffee. Dinner is going to be quinoa with chicken, broccoli, carrots and onion asian style.

Tags
lunch