What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had some rye crackers with sugar free peanut butter. Sugar free peanut butter is gross, won't be having that again. No wonder my kids no longer ask for PB lol!

A bowl of new england clam chowder with saltine crackers.

Thick or thin chowder? True N.E. chowder is thickened only with some potatoes mashed. Certainly not with cornstarch. As a kid we always had it with those small oysterette crackers. I eat those as a snack. :angel:

Had some rye crackers with sugar free peanut butter. Sugar free peanut butter is gross, won't be having that again. No wonder my kids no longer ask for PB lol!

Snip I lived in the same town where a peanut butter plant was located. On a warm summer day, when they release the steam from the ovens roasting the peanuts, you could smell them all over town. To this day I buy the natural PB. No sugar, just salt. But you do have to stir the heck out of it every time you want to use it. My problem is that I never get around to getting a knife out of the drawer or even go to get crackers. My recipe is very simple. A jar of PB and a spoon. :pig::angel:

Snip I lived in the same town where a peanut butter plant was located. On a warm summer day, when they release the steam from the ovens roasting the peanuts, you could smell them all over town. To this day I buy the natural PB. No sugar, just salt. But you do have to stir the heck out of it every time you want to use it. My problem is that I never get around to getting a knife out of the drawer or even go to get crackers. My recipe is very simple. A jar of PB and a spoon. :pig::angel:

Sounds better than the kind I bought. This has no salt or sugar in it and it's really smooth. It's like eating margerine with a spoon, not good!
I've made peanut butter before and that was tasty and sugar free but his stuff is not fit for human consumption lol!

Sounds better than the kind I bought. This has no salt or sugar in it and it's really smooth. It's like eating margerine with a spoon, not good!
I've made peanut butter before and that was tasty and sugar free but his stuff is not fit for human consumption lol!

I hate to say it because it is wasteful, but toss that jar. You have to have salt. You can do without the sugar. It is the salt that enhances the intense flavor of peanuts. :angel:

I hate to say it because it is wasteful, but toss that jar. You have to have salt. You can do without the sugar. It is the salt that enhances the intense flavor of peanuts. :angel:

I gave it to the lady that cleans the flat yard. She saw me attempting to throw it out and nearly bit my head off lol!

I agree, you need salt!

Today for lunch I basically had a replay of last night's dinner. Leftover grilled Salmon with a salad of spinach, oven-roasted beets, and goat cheese. It was even better today than it was last night.

img_1195584_0_0d247e19de4a5dbf08cc38a904788fa6.jpg

ROFL...I am half asleep this morning...I saw Snips photo and thought...nice meal Snip :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nice meal Steve :ROFLMAO:

I have been eating a ton of tuna salad on wheat lately.. i just cant seem to get enough of it...

Thick or thin chowder? True N.E. chowder is thickened only with some potatoes mashed. Certainly not with cornstarch. As a kid we always had it with those small oysterette crackers. I eat those as a snack. :angel:
It's creamy but not real thick. It's a frozen boil in a bag soup. We have it every friday at work. It's more affordable than a case of clams (pretty pricey) & It's a pretty good soup.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom