"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #231
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I get the Utz rod pretzels. Love them. There is very little salt fallen off. Pretzels have no taste if it were't for the salt. The rod pretzels have sea salt on them.
I haven't tried rod pretzels, yet...I try not to eat new things in front of people since my episode with the celery sticks.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #232
Executive Chef

i like the rod pretzels too. but i like that i can easily rub off most of the salt. yet they still seem to be plenty salty enough for my tastes. if it's a good brand, like snyders or utz, i even like the unsalted variety....

Old 02-08-2012, 03:13 AM   #233
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I haven't tried rod pretzels, yet...I try not to eat new things in front of people since my episode with the celery sticks.
I don't think I know about that story.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #234
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I don't think I know about that story.
Lunch seminar at work, there was a veggie tray, so I decided to try a celery stick. I've slowly been trying the crunchier foods with my dentures...so, we have a speaker at the lunch and just as she starts talking I took a bite of the celery stick. My dentures came loose in the back and the front teeth were stuck in the celery. Try as I might, I couldn't get them to release in the front without removing the teeth. There I am, sitting with my loose teeth, stuck in a celery stick, that's hanging out of my mouth... I finally managed to get them loose without waving them around.

Since then I don't try new foods in front of others...
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #235
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Lunch seminar at work, there was a veggie tray, so I decided to try a celery stick. I've slowly been trying the crunchier foods with my dentures...so, we have a speaker at the lunch and just as she starts talking I took a bite of the celery stick. My dentures came loose in the back and the front teeth were stuck in the celery. Try as I might, I couldn't get them to release in the front without removing the teeth. There I am, sitting with my loose teeth, stuck in a celery stick, that's hanging out of my mouth... I finally managed to get them loose without waving them around.

Be glad I wasn't there. I find it very hard to behave in situations like that. You should see me at funerals. I have been asked to leave or go outside.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #236
Executive Chef

Chicken Rice soup. I made a pot and old habits die hard so, I ended up with a huge pot. I'll be eating it for the next few days.....
Old 02-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #237
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

OMG. Poor PF! How embarassingly funny!

They didn't by chance catch this on tape?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #238
Chef Extraordinaire

I attempted to have lunch around 11 a.m. just then, it got very busy. I sat down around 4:00 after it was all cleaned up my soggy bacon sandwich was not so good.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #239
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
OMG. Poor PF! How embarassingly funny!

They didn't by chance catch this on tape?
No, darn it, I wish someone had...it had to be hysterical to watch...of course, it wasn't funny for me until I had my teeth loose!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #240
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Be glad I wasn't there. I find it very hard to behave in situations like that. You should see me at funerals. I have been asked to leave or go outside.
I would have enjoyed having someone to have the giggles with!

Tags
lunch