What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds yummy :yum:

I'm sitting here eyeing a banana like it's gonna eat me :LOL: I have some serious banana issues! My dad made me eat them as a child to the point where I'd be sick. Still haven't eaten a raw banana since :( I love fried banana with eggs, bacon, toast and any other form of cooked banana.
I thought I'd give eating a banana as is another go since I haven't tried in over 20 yrs :angel:
I don't think I can do this:wacko:

I just had a slice of rye bread with melted mozzarella and loads of my homemade chilli sauce. Made the sauce with jalapeno's, habanero and cayenne chillies.

I can see the title now. "The Town That Was Eaten By A Banana!" :wacko::angel:

I ate lunch on the run today, 1/2 cup of chili & 2 banana's.

Excellent choice for an on the run lunch. Those are the times that really put you on the spot for making a good choice. One of my books says to put "emergency rations" in a large plastic bag for those times. I keep two of those bags at work and several at home. They have choices in them that do not need to be refrigerated.

I also have a stash of some Progresso soups at work. Helps a lot when I'm drawn to what's being served in the facility dining room. Their soups are intentionally made with extra calories. I really have to fight to stay away from cream based soups.

Excellent choice for an on the run lunch. Those are the times that really put you on the spot for making a good choice. One of my books says to put "emergency rations" in a large plastic bag for those times. I keep two of those bags at work and several at home. They have choices in them that do not need to be refrigerated.

I also have a stash of some Progresso soups at work. Helps a lot when I'm drawn to what's being served in the facility dining room. Their soups are intentionally made with extra calories. I really have to fight to stay away from cream based soups.
Cream based soups are my weakness, especially the new england clam chowder on fridays. I like your idea about the emergency rations. What type of things do you keep in there? The only thing I can think of is granola bars, finding healthy, quick options can be a real challenge for me sometimes.

3 ounces dried fruit, two graham cracker, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 4 quarters (for bottle of water) and a popsicle stick (to scoop and spread peanut butter). Better than what you can find in a vending machine or convenience store.

I buy the peanut butter containers in the baby aisle, they are the perfect size. I also have a couple of bullion cubes if I'm still feeling hungry, a cup of bullion really takes care of that feeling. I try not to use them often because of the salt.

I have little containers of dried apricots, mixed nuts, and veggie chips. I also keep peanut butter and gluten free crackers ready to go in the pantry. At the beginning of the week I cut up veggies and put them in snack size baggies in the fridge. It sure helps me when it comes time to pack my lunch in the morning. I also have soup in my desk drawer bthe problem is I am not at the office much to eat the soup. I usually eat in the car.

My problem is usually...who took my can opener???? I also keep canned mandarin oranges and pineapple in the drawer. I'll never starve at work, there's enough there for a week if I get stranded.

Two can openers in the break room. I'm pretty safe on the few times I am in the office for lunch.

I have little containers of dried apricots, mixed nuts, and veggie chips. I also keep peanut butter and gluten free crackers ready to go in the pantry. At the beginning of the week I cut up veggies and put them in snack size baggies in the fridge. It sure helps me when it comes time to pack my lunch in the morning. I also have soup in my desk drawer bthe problem is I am not at the office much to eat the soup. I usually eat in the car.

That all sounds wonderful Chopper :)

My problem is usually...who took my can opener???? I also keep canned mandarin oranges and pineapple in the drawer. I'll never starve at work, there's enough there for a week if I get stranded.

:LOL:
I've got a really sharp swiss army knife in my handbag you could use :angel:
It comes in handy for many things! Like cutting apples for the kids in the car, cutting off bits of thread on clothes, taking bee stings out etc.

I was feeling a bit yucky today so I just had Inkomasi for lunch.

Had a quick lunch in the car on the way to deep water class, an overcooked, cheap hotdog with mustard & a little ketchup on lite 12 grain bread & 10 reduced fat pringles & a bottle of water.

Back
Top Bottom