"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #281
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,122
We had a company picnic, they ran out of burgers so I had half a hotdog with mustard. That's why it was was a half, no relish to be found. Ketchup was available, but that's sacreligious on a hotdog.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #282
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Sounds like fun DL
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #283
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,324
We have been a bit overwhelmed by the veggies...I called a friend and offered a couple of dozen eggs, 1 doz ears of corn, some toms, and sweet peppers. He stopped in yesterday morning...and brought me a LARGE zucchini. I made the DH take the zucchini on Sunday. I made zucchini fritter Parmesan for lunch (basically, follow the method one would use for eggplant but substitute grated zucchini like a potato pancake, and fry that for about 2-3 minutes each side to crisp, finish in the oven, top with sauce and cheese). It was very good!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #284
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Yesterday for lunch I had ham and salad
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #285
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Tuna salad & swiss on homemade honey wheat bread.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #286
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
We have been a bit overwhelmed by the veggies...I called a friend and offered a couple of dozen eggs, 1 doz ears of corn, some toms, and sweet peppers. He stopped in yesterday morning...and brought me a LARGE zucchini. I made the DH take the zucchini on Sunday. I made zucchini fritter Parmesan for lunch (basically, follow the method one would use for eggplant but substitute grated zucchini like a potato pancake, and fry that for about 2-3 minutes each side to crisp, finish in the oven, top with sauce and cheese). It was very good!
They had 3 pound zucchini at the Farmers Market, selling for $1 each or 3 for $2, I cant even think what to do with a 3 pound zucchini, my brain won't let me.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #287
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Today I went to the fish and chip shop and bought some hot chips
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #288
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
They had 3 pound zucchini at the Farmers Market, selling for $1 each or 3 for $2, I cant even think what to do with a 3 pound zucchini, my brain won't let me.
Chicken feed....that's what I do with the ones we missed in the garden and are too big. FP is my friend right now. I'm surprised they weren't giving the zucchini away ("this woman" gives zucchini away--the best way to do so is to put a line of barbed wire across the road forcing cars to stop and accept a zuke as the toll ticket for passage).
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #289
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Chicken feed....that's what I do with the ones we missed in the garden and are too big. FP is my friend right now. I'm surprised they weren't giving the zucchini away ("this woman" gives zucchini away--the best way to do so is to put a line of barbed wire across the road forcing cars to stop and accept a zuke as the toll ticket for passage).
I was surprised they didn't have to put a leash on them.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #290
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was surprised they didn't have to put a leash on them.
+1
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lunch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.