What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stopped on the way home for lunch at pizza ranch (pizza & chicken buffet) not the healthiest choice but it felt good to be able to stop after 1 plate.

We stopped going to buffets, they were wasted on us. We barely eat a fourth of what we used to eat.:)

PrincessFiona60 said:
We stopped going to buffets, they were wasted on us. We barely eat a fourth of what we used to eat.:)

We never get our money's worth either. Just can't eat "All you can eat"!

We never get our money's worth either. Just can't eat "All you can eat"!

I actually saw a woman at a buffet putting food into containers (few years back) and putting them in a large shopping bag sitting next to her. She was even filling up with the m&m's and goodies from the dessert area.
I was so appalled I asked for the manager and told him what was going on. He went over to her and asked her about it. Later on he told me she said: "I came in with it".
He let it go........
to make matters worse, she had a child with her. :wacko:

Chef Maloney said:
I actually saw a woman at a buffet putting food into containers (few years back) and putting them in a large shopping bag sitting next to her. She was even filling up with the m&m's and goodies from the dessert area.
I was so appalled I asked for the manager and told him what was going on. He went over to her and asked her about it. Later on he told me she said: "I came in with it".
He let it go........

Reminds me of the time a couple colleagues returned from lunch at the local Chinese buffet with this story. They had watched in horror as a woman proceeded to eat from the ladles and spoons from the buffet dishes! They reported her, but by then it was too late!

Reminds me of the time a couple colleagues returned from lunch at the local Chinese buffet with this story. They had watched in horror as a woman proceeded to eat from the ladles and spoons from the buffet dishes! They reported her, but by then it was too late!

ya....buffets can be a bit scary. Remember the 'moonie' scare many years ago? Someone spiking buffets w/just enough something to get people sick.
It was going on in WA. state & Oregon for awhile.
Thank god it stopped.
A friend of mine was a victim of that in Astoria.

He let it go........

Was this in Cheyenne, Wy? Might have been my GrandMother...I'm not joking, my GrandMother did this all the time, she would also eat her way through the produce department in the grocery store. Dad would not let us kids go with her in case she got herself arrested.

Was this in Cheyenne, Wy? Might have been my GrandMother...I'm not joking, my GrandMother did this all the time, she would also eat her way through the produce department in the grocery store. Dad would not let us kids go with her in case she got herself arrested.

OHHHHHahahahahahahahaha
I am on the floor LAUGHING OUT LOUD.
You are toooooo funny Princess. My stomach is aching :LOL::ROFLMAO:

She was one of those they would weigh on her way in the store and then again as she left and charge her 1.50/lb for every ounce over her wander in weight...

Dad always said he never worried about having to bail out his kids, but he was waiting for the phone call for his Mom.

She was one of those they would weigh on her way in the store and then again as she left and charge her 1.50/lb for every ounce over her wander in weight...

Dad always said he never worried about having to bail out his kids, but he was waiting for the phone call for his Mom.

hahahaha too much!!!
A friend of mine just told me that her mother is the reason they stopped putting out the smoked salmon at the Sahara buffet in Las Vegas. hahahahahahaha

My work is done, I can go to bed now.

I did have my own show on PPV, but it was getting expensive paying people to fill the audience.

Lunch for me was a cup of homemeade bean & ham soup, 1/2 small bag of baked chips & 1/2 ham & cheddar sandwich on lite 12 grain bread with honey mustard.

Went to lunch with a coworker at a place called Salsa Brava. I had a nice salad.

Back
Top Bottom