What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds tasty Ads...I should try one :yum:

Simple to do. Cut off the cap, scoop out the innards and stuff with chicken salad. Place cap on top. Serve on a bed of lettuce. It was the luncheon craze of the 50's. It was the one dish all the kids in school would buy in the cafeteria. :angel:

I had 1 slice of lite, 12 grain bread into a sandwich with 2 oz. of pork loin & homemade bq sauce with a side romaine salad topped with celery, tomato & broccoli with dorothy lynch dressing.

To the person who posted about goat cheese muffins, thank you very much! I went to W-S and searched for the recipe, found it with no problem. I would scroll back and see who it was so I can thank you by name, but I'm on my phone and its a little tedious. But still, thank you!!

Simple to do. Cut off the cap, scoop out the innards and stuff with chicken salad. Place cap on top. Serve on a bed of lettuce. It was the luncheon craze of the 50's. It was the one dish all the kids in school would buy in the cafeteria. :angel:

Cheers Ads, I will try that over the weekend, it sounds nice :yum:

A nice French roll with mayo, my last tomato, Ham,thuringer,swiss cheese, lettuce and a dap or gorgonzola dressing. A small side of lime jello laced with pineapple,toasted walnuts, avocado cubes.
kades

A nice French roll with mayo, my last tomato, Ham,thuringer,swiss cheese, lettuce and a dap or gorgonzola dressing. A small side of lime jello laced with pineapple,toasted walnuts, avocado cubes.
kades
Thats sounds like a wonderful lunch!:yum::yum:

Kylie1969 said:
Today I had a cheese and Vegemite sandwich

They used to give us vegimite on biscuits when i was in school... Takes some getting used to..

Subway chicken tereyaki 6" sub. with a few harvest cheddar chips & a raspberry cheesecake cookie.

Did you like it though?

I have grown up with it and have loved it since I was very little :)

what does vegemite taste like, kylie? is there any other food, or kind of food, that would be somewhat comparable to vegemite? i take it that it's strong, or spicy, since it is described as being an acquired taste by some. is it something that you can (or do) make at home?

some of my favorite foods many people would consider an 'acquired' taste. so, i fully expect to fall in love at first bite with vegemite.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom