What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what does vegemite taste like, kylie? is there any other food, or kind of food, that would be somewhat comparable to vegemite? i take it that it's strong, or spicy, since it is described as being an acquired taste by some. is it something that you can (or do) make at home?

some of my favorite foods many people would consider an 'acquired' taste. so, i fully expect to fall in love at first bite with vegemite.

V, it is salty but with a smooth texture, it is very hard to explain the taste.

There are other products that "try" to taste like Vegemite, but they dont cut it...Vegemite is king ;)

The other products are Marmite and Promite...awful stuff :LOL:

We had lunch out today it was so good to just sit and enjoy good focaccia stuffed with thin sliced ham, swiss cheese,lettuce,thin sliced sweet onion, with sides of pickels, and sliced pepperoncini, mayo,mustard, side of salad with kidney and garbanzo beans, evoo,vinegar,tomato,more onions and we still taste like them:LOL: but DH had ravioli with his salad and focaccia, lunch was so nice. Now I get to make more focaccia tomorrow.:ohmy:
kades

We had lunch out today it was so good to just sit and enjoy good focaccia stuffed with thin sliced ham, swiss cheese,lettuce,thin sliced sweet onion, with sides of pickels, and sliced pepperoncini, mayo,mustard, side of salad with kidney and garbanzo beans, evoo,vinegar,tomato,more onions and we still taste like them:LOL: but DH had ravioli with his salad and focaccia, lunch was so nice. Now I get to make more focaccia tomorrow.:ohmy:
kades

Sounds like a lovely lunch out Kades, pleased you got to relax and enjoy that lovely food :)

I had a piece of green onion and dried tomato crustless quiche, slightly tough and overdone on the outside.

Crustless quiche in the oven, you want to do a water bath.

Good idea. I did it in the microwave, and overcooked it. Most of it's pretty good, the last part is kinda chewy. Just something I threw together, I nuked the last one I made, and it was really good. I cooked that one on a lower power.

Last edited:
I haven't even had breakfast, so lunch will consist of tasting cookie doughs. I have all the ingredients out on the counter. Now to get the energy level up.

New place in town, Hibatchi Grill. Great food. 12 steamtables plus a sushi bar & a stir fry bar. I ate way to much, back on my eating plan tomorrow.

New place in town, Hibatchi Grill. Great food. 12 steamtables plus a sushi bar & a stir fry bar. I ate way to much, back on my eating plan tomorrow.

Were there no foods there that are close to what your diet allows? It is hard to stick to a diet during the holidays. Just make sure you don't gain any of the weight back. You have been doing so good. Keep up the hard and good work. :angel:

Were there no foods there that are close to what your diet allows? It is hard to stick to a diet during the holidays. Just make sure you don't gain any of the weight back. You have been doing so good. Keep up the hard and good work. :angel:
Thanks Addie, I tried to stick with veggies & fruits & stay away from anything deep fried. I am thinking very light for supper tonight.:angel:

Thanks Addie, I tried to stick with veggies & fruits & stay away from anything deep fried. I am thinking very light for supper tonight.:angel:

It is hard to stay away from deep fried sometimes, but overall you are doing really well :)

Thank you. I appreciate your support.:)

A very hard time of year to be good, SB! When I do buffets, I never take a full serving of anything. Try a dot of everything, like a tablespoon, then you get a taste, but nothing that will put you over.

Hang in there! You're doing great!

Back
Top Bottom