"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

peanut butter on toast. I've been on a kick.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Today I went south, in the Appennini mountains with my friend Mattia (the one with no horns in the photo below).

We went in this beautiful, typical restaurant, the Capanne di Cosola, and we had a plain, chaste and quick lunch…
Starters: cold cuts (pancetta, coppa, prosciutto crudo, salame), one tart with goat cheese covered by a slice of lard, a little round baked cake made with chess and ham, some local mushrooms with vinegar and dried cloves, then a last and wonderful thing made by a slice of eggplant, a slice of tomato, cheese and oregano, all melted together.
Pasta: tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms (you can find plenty of porcini in the woods around there), ravioli with braised meat.
Then we asked if they could prepare some "cappelle di porcini impanate", that is the mushrooms caps sliced, coated in breadcrumbs and fried.
We drank a bottle of Dolcetto, and finished with a couple of shots of a beautiful, dry, grappa made by the owner.
We didn't have any dessert...

Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday blt with avocado and fat juicy deep fried zucchini and Ranch dressing
Today homemade anti pasti with butter crackers.
kadesma
Old 08-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #34
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari View Post
Today I went south, in the Appennini mountains with my friend Mattia (the one with no horns in the photo below).

We went in this beautiful, typical restaurant, the Capanne di Cosola, and we had a plain, chaste and quick lunch…
Starters: cold cuts (pancetta, coppa, prosciutto crudo, salame), one tart with goat cheese covered by a slice of lard, a little round baked cake made with chess and ham, some local mushrooms with vinegar and dried cloves, then a last and wonderful thing made by a slice of eggplant, a slice of tomato, cheese and oregano, all melted together.
Pasta: tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms (you can find plenty of porcini in the woods around there), ravioli with braised meat.
Then we asked if they could prepare some "cappelle di porcini impanate", that is the mushrooms caps sliced, coated in breadcrumbs and fried.
We drank a bottle of Dolcetto, and finished with a couple of shots of a beautiful, dry, grappa made by the owner.

Wow, and all I had was a subway sandwich. What an interesting lunch....
Old 08-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Luca, there is NO WAY that could be classified as a plain, chaste, and quick lunch in my book!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

Just being there would be enough dessert for me. Sounds fantastic!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:

WOW, what a lunch.. doesn't seem plain to me at all!!

I had a pocket sandwich using the tortilla and stuffed pepper filling from last night. I added mozz cheese and green pepper. I guess you could call it a stuffed pepper wrap.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 AM   #38
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
WOW, what a lunch.. doesn't seem plain to me at all!! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
Wow, and all I had was a subway sandwich. What an interesting lunch....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Luca, there is NO WAY that could be classified as a plain, chaste, and quick lunch in my book!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just being there would be enough dessert for me. Sounds fantastic!
Mattia and me planned to go around in the province, looking for good old food, at least once in a fortnight, so stay tuned!!! And I'm afraid I will never be able to eat desserts, unless I have them as starters...
Next time we're going to portray pigs, not cows
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #39
Head Chef

Quote:
Mattia and me planned to go around in the province, looking for good old food, at least once in a fortnight, so stay tuned!!! And I'm afraid I will never be able to eat desserts, unless I have them as starters...
Next time we're going to portray pigs, not cows

The cow looks like it's posing for the camera, lol.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #40
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
The cow looks like it's posing for the camera, lol.
And they were!!!!
They moved around, turned their big heads and rotate their delicious tails when we approached them!

Tags
lunch