What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Considering I didn't eat at all yesterday or today, I am going to make a sausage sandwich with a slice of tomato. At least it's something. I will probably pick off all the bread and leave just enough to hold everything together. :angel:

A quarter cup of leftover pulled pork loin, nuked with a T. of hot Bone Sucking Sauce, with 8 black pepper low fat Triscuits, a big glass of skim milk, and a couple spoonfuls of blueberry Greek yogurt smoothie. No Hershey's Minis today.

That sounds nice DL :)

Same as yesterday, a cantaloupe ( honeydew melon) they were on sale for R10 for 3 melons. That $1.15. I've been eating mostly melon for the past few days yum!

Same as yesterday, a cantaloupe ( honeydew melon) they were on sale for R10 for 3 melons. That $1.15. I've been eating mostly melon for the past few days yum!

Keep in mind that like most fruits, canteloupe is very high in natural sugars. And it can cause your sugar reading to be high. I know they taste delicious, but in moderation. :angel:

Keep in mind that like most fruits, canteloupe is very high in natural sugars. And it can cause your sugar reading to be high. I know they taste delicious, but in moderation. :angel:

I know :) They are very small and I haven't had a high reading since I got tested. I seem to have low readings a lot though. I do behave myself very well. Just a bit too much fruit sometimes. It might have been a fluke that the Dr. said I'm pre diabetic but I watch my sugar anyway. Don't need the meds anymore and I want to try and keep it that way :angel:

I know :) They are very small and I haven't had a high reading since I got tested. I seem to have low readings a lot though. I do behave myself very well. Just a bit too much fruit sometimes. It might have been a fluke that the Dr. said I'm pre diabetic but I watch my sugar anyway. Don't need the meds anymore and I want to try and keep it that way :angel:

Good for you. My sugars are finally going lower. I was really worried when the doctor took me off my meds. I thought he was crazy. For a while I was having some really high numbers. but little by little my body is adjusting and I haven't really changed my diet any. the only sugar I have is in my coffee. And lately I have been finding that I am using less and less. I am finding that my usual two spoonfuls is too much and makes my coffee too sweet. And now I don't have any at all in any tea I may drink. Just plain black. :angel:

Good for you. My sugars are finally going lower. I was really worried when the doctor took me off my meds. I thought he was crazy. For a while I was having some really high numbers. but little by little my body is adjusting and I haven't really changed my diet any. the only sugar I have is in my coffee. And lately I have been finding that I am using less and less. I am finding that my usual two spoonfuls is too much and makes my coffee too sweet. And now I don't have any at all in any tea I may drink. Just plain black. :angel:

Glad your sugar is lowering too :) I took myself off my meds. The Dr. said I can stay off them and just go for a full blood test every few months.
I'm doing fine. Just tired but that would be from walking darn far each day :LOL:

Thanks! I just keep telling myself that I cannot be sick with these terrible stomach cramps, crazy busy weekend ahead with Christmas party caterings & I have not even started Christmas shopping yet. Customers seem to be at their most challenging this time of the year.

I haven't eaten today at all. So I may have some Ramen noodles with just butter. It will be my breakfast, lunch and supper. :angel:

A friend made potato-chickpea-coriander filling for these little puffy things (Indian--don't know the name of them). We put the filling in the puffy things, drizzled yogurt, taramind sauce, toasted chickpea strips (sort of looks like toasted coconut), chopped red onion, and a sprinkle of a sweet-sour-hot spice mix on top. They were great fun to eat and excellent. I'll have to email her and ask her what the puffy things were called.

A friend made potato-chickpea-coriander filling for these little puffy things (Indian--don't know the name of them). We put the filling in the puffy things, drizzled yogurt, taramind sauce, toasted chickpea strips (sort of looks like toasted coconut), chopped red onion, and a sprinkle of a sweet-sour-hot spice mix on top. They were great fun to eat and excellent. I'll have to email her and ask her what the puffy things were called.

Samosas?

I had a leftover hamburger patty and mac 'n cheese.

Samosas?

I had a leftover hamburger patty and mac 'n cheese.
No, not samosas. These "puffy things" were about 1-1/2" in diameter, about 1/2 inch high, hollow in the middle. You had to "break open" the top and put the filling in the cavity, and then do the drizzle thing. (These puffy things are deep fried. I think made from chickpea flour. She bought them at an Indian food store)

Back
Top Bottom