"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #551
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a wedge of watermelon & a banana. It's looking like frozen pizza for supper.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #552
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Two can openers in the break room. I'm pretty safe on the few times I am in the office for lunch.
Every vet I have ever known has their Army issue can opener on their key ring. Smal and ingenious.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #553
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

Every vet I have ever known has their Army issue can opener on their key ring. Smal and ingenious.
I am a veteran if that is what you mean, but I don't carry around my keychain can opener. LOL
Old 10-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #554
Certified Pretend Chef

A few weeks ago I stopped into a small deli in town on a whim. I was on my way back from an appointment and bought a small Italian cold cut sub for lunch. It was the perfect sandwich. Lots of places make Italian subs and a lot of them are good. But there is a special combination of flavors that makes it special. This place makes it special.

So now, every Friday on my way home from PT, I stop for a sub at this deli and I'm beside myself while I savor every bite.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #555
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
A few weeks ago I stopped into a small deli in town on a whim. I was on my way back from an appointment and bought a small Italian cold cut sub for lunch. It was the perfect sandwich. Lots of places make Italian subs and a lot of them are good. But there is a special combination of flavors that makes it special. This place makes it special.

So now, every Friday on my way home from PT, I stop for a sub at this deli and I'm beside myself while I savor every bite.
i live for those 'perfect life sandwiches' such as you found coming home from pt one day, andy....
Old 10-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #556
Chef Extraordinaire

In a few minutes we are having crumbed whiting and oven chips for lunch...it smells great
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #557
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
In a few minutes we are having crumbed whiting and oven chips for lunch...it smells great
Sounds good Kylie :)
I was so busy with washing, cleaning and shopping! Just had blupper (breakfast, lunch and supper in one) a little while ago.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #558
Chef Extraordinaire

I had a late breakfast so will probably skip lunch & have an early supper. I'm thinking to stop & pick up some veggies for a good chicken stir fry: Fresh asparagus, bean sprouts, yellow peppers, red onion, snow peas & chicken. Anyone have a good idea for a low-calorie sauce to put on it?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #559
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I had a late breakfast so will probably skip lunch & have an early supper. I'm thinking to stop & pick up some veggies for a good chicken stir fry: Fresh asparagus, bean sprouts, yellow peppers, red onion, snow peas & chicken. Anyone have a good idea for a low-calorie sauce to put on it?
Low cal stir fry sauce

1/4 cup of oyster sauce, 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth, 2 tsps honey, 1 tbsp of low sodium soy
Use regular soy and broth if you're not watching salt intake.

Low cal sweet and sour sauce

2 tbsps low sodium soy, 2 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks in natural juice, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 2 tsps sweetener and 2 tsps of cornflour (cornstarch) to thicken. Mix and cook for a few mins with stir fry.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #560
Chef Extraordinaire

sounds good. Thanks! I love the sweet & sour but don't think the rest would like it very well. I will pick it up with the fresh veggies today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Low cal stir fry sauce

1/4 cup of oyster sauce, 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth, 2 tsps honey, 1 tbsp of low sodium soy
Use regular soy and broth if you're not watching salt intake.

Low cal sweet and sour sauce

2 tbsps low sodium soy, 2 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup, 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks in natural juice, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 2 tsps sweetener and 2 tsps of cornflour (cornstarch) to thicken. Mix and cook for a few mins with stir fry.

Tags
lunch