What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, didn't know you were without power, Vit.
Did the freezer keep things frozen? Do you have a generator?

no generator, and i rarely lose power here during storms, even when i am surrounded by outages. i haven't seen a news broadcast yet reporting our storm-related statistics, but we got about one foot of wet snow that heavily draped the trees with a webbing of cotton candy-like swirls. simply stunning....
luckily, i had no food losses from my freezer. we had two days advance notice of the coming storm, and i was able to fill the empty spaces in my freezer and refrigerator with bags of ice.
...but still, i did suffer food and entertainment-wise--so, do i get my meatball sausage sub sandwich? :)

Sure. Come over tomorrow around lunchtime ;)

Good thinking stuffing ice into the empty spaces.

jkath--I used 2 large beets, one pear, one carrot, and one medium tomato. You could add an apple and some parsley. I didn't this time, but often do. I love beet juice.

I had a yummy chicken taco salad for lunch with home made pico, tortilla chips sprinkled on top, and a little ranch dressing. Yum!

Rub it in why don't you :glare: Some of us have to drive really far to find vegemite :mad:
;)
Guess I will have to settle for oxo and cheese on toast! Good but not as nice.

He he :LOL:

I too think Vegemite should be more readily available, wonderful product :)

Today for lunch we are having some fried rice from last night as we always make enough for lunch the next day as it is just so yummy :yum:

i had bought this large bag of whole wheat ravioli, spinach and cheese-filled, for a healthy pasta side dish. i found it to be rather lacking in flavor, though, and so it had been languishing in the freezer ever since. i finally pulled it out today for today's lunch. aha, i spied a tube of anchovy paste in the fridge, some black olives, mushrooms, and a jar of marinara sauce. mixed it all together, and voila!!--i had me a lazy cook's version of puttanesca! it was pretty yummy too....:)

i tend to forget about my anchovies if they are not in a can, cause i know they will last a long time in the fridge. also, i don't know many quick uses for anchovy paste. i do like to snack on anchovy butter on crackers, though. how do you use up your anchovies, besides the dish for which you bought them?

If I wait long enough, Shrek finds them and throws them out in disgust and says, "You better not have fed me anything with those nasty things in it!" I'm getting better about using them up in dressing for my salads and in my lunches.

Yesterday's lunch was lettuce wraps at Pei Wei. We went there for a birthday celebration for one of the gals at work. Too many carbs, but not a crazy amount. I did good at dinner, where I decided not to have pizza with the guys, and had a chicken breast and green beans, then friends called and wanted to go for frozen yogurt! Ahhhhhh! I was able to find some that was "no sugar added" which was ok I guess. It was the kind of place where you serve yourself, so I just took a little and walked by the toppings without having any of those. I need to be good today.

I not only had potato sticks for breakfast, I also had them for lunch along with a small container of French's Fried Onions. Now I am full for the day. I had planned on having some pea soup that Spike brought me. Maybe tomorrow. Unless I find something else to snack on. :angel:

I not only had potato sticks for breakfast, I also had them for lunch along with a small container of French's Fried Onions. Now I am full for the day. I had planned on having some pea soup that Spike brought me. Maybe tomorrow. Unless I find something else to snack on. :angel:

YUM, love pea soup...and pea and ham soup :yum:

Yesterday's lunch was lettuce wraps at Pei Wei. We went there for a birthday celebration for one of the gals at work. Too many carbs, but not a crazy amount. I did good at dinner, where I decided not to have pizza with the guys, and had a chicken breast and green beans, then friends called and wanted to go for frozen yogurt! Ahhhhhh! I was able to find some that was "no sugar added" which was ok I guess. It was the kind of place where you serve yourself, so I just took a little and walked by the toppings without having any of those. I need to be good today.

Sounds like you had a lovely day Chops and some nice food too :)

It was a nice day, Kylie. I just had a few too many carbs. Oh well, no worries. I'm doing well today. I had a late breakfast this morning, so I only had a handful of almonds for lunch. Supper is almost ready, and I'm ready for that!

It was a nice day, Kylie. I just had a few too many carbs. Oh well, no worries. I'm doing well today. I had a late breakfast this morning, so I only had a handful of almonds for lunch. Supper is almost ready, and I'm ready for that!

So pleased to hear that Chops :)

Back
Top Bottom