What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they are to die for Chops :yum:

When in the oven the chocolate melts through the bun and what a flavour hit you get, they are very tasty :)

Oh my, I would love to make them, but I would have to eat them, and that wouldn't be good for my low carb eating. If I thought I could just eat one I would make them and treat myself, but I know I would eat more than one of those. Glad you were able to enjoy them. What a great idea!

Half a cup of cottage cheese topped with a teaspoon of french dressing. 15 green grapes & an individual bag of special k cracker chips.

:flowers: I love the fact that you measure everything. Keep it up! :angel:
Thanks for noticing Addie:angel: It's not all bad that I don't have much of an appetite lately. This upcoming surgery weighs heavy on my mind. I have never had any type of medical procedure done before. Not at all looking forward to it. Four days before surgery I have to be on a clear diet. The rate I have been going, that shouldn't be to difficult.

Thanks for noticing Addie:angel: It's not all bad that I don't have much of an appetite lately. This upcoming surgery weighs heavy on my mind. I have never had any type of medical procedure done before. Not at all looking forward to it. Four days before surgery I have to be on a clear diet. The rate I have been going, that shouldn't be to difficult.

I understand, SB, I would be fretting too. I've never had surgery either. You know that you have a big DC family of supporters, and that we're all rooting for you! You will be fine!

I too had never had surgery before, but then I got my shoulder operated on, you dont even know about it and next thing you know, you are in recovery :)

SB, I have had some really major surgeries. Even open heart surgery. Never a problem. When I came to, I went right back to sleep. You won't even know what happened. The fact that your doctors had a few conferences on the best way to procede is in your favor. No unecessary procedures. They obviously know exactly what they are doing. Think of the whole event as a way to get some much needed rest and being pampered. :angel:

SB, I had a first-rib resection. The surgeon was great--he showed me a couple of choices--one involved an incision under my arm, the other through my back. I opted for the under-the-arm scar. It was trickier to do because s/one had to hold my arm up for the 6-hour surgery. Two other surgeons traded off. My surgeon was 6 ft 6 " (and also the surgeon for whom my mom worked). He needed TALL people to hold my arm up and strong people. I have also had rhinoplasty (car accident) and my appendix removed. I hate being in the hospital, but if you can get all your questions answered in advance, that is the best way to go. I wasn't prepped for the nose surgery--I woke up in recovery with my eyes bandaged--I thought I was BLIND. I went into total panic mode. I did bring my own beverages and snacks when I had my rib surgery. And, had a note on my file that I did not need to have ice water delivered at 6:00 a.m.

SB, I had a first-rib resection. The surgeon was great--he showed me a couple of choices--one involved an incision under my arm, the other through my back. I opted for the under-the-arm scar. It was trickier to do because s/one had to hold my arm up for the 6-hour surgery. Two other surgeons traded off. My surgeon was 6 ft 6 " (and also the surgeon for whom my mom worked). He needed TALL people to hold my arm up and strong people. I have also had rhinoplasty (car accident) and my appendix removed. I hate being in the hospital, but if you can get all your questions answered in advance, that is the best way to go. I wasn't prepped for the nose surgery--I woke up in recovery with my eyes bandaged--I thought I was BLIND. I went into total panic mode. I did bring my own beverages and snacks when I had my rib surgery. And, had a note on my file that I did not need to have ice water delivered at 6:00 a.m.

Hospitals are never run for the comfort of the patient. Only for the schedule of the staff. :angel:

My mom worked for the surgeon, so I got VIP treatment. I think I was there for 4 days. Bored out of my mind, but on good pain meds.

I always bring my sewing with me so I have something to do. I know I am going to be there two nights at the most. Everything I will need is always in that bag. A small hairbrush, salt, tea bags, etc. Oh yeah. And my sewing. :angel:

Lunches have been very seafood orientated recently. Today was prawns, yesterday was seafood salad (that was delicious) more humdrum days have been not very nice fish sticks. Not sure why I bought them. Oh, and marinated anchovies, I love these, they pack so much flavour.

Other days have been peperonata. I just love this, and on quick grab a light snack type lunch days a couple of heavy fork fuls of this from a jar in the fridge have been just the pick me up I want.

Last edited:
Lunches have been very seafood orientated recently. Today was prawns, yesterday was seafood salad (that was delicious) more humdrum days have been not very nice fish sticks. Not sure why I bought them. Oh, and marinated anchovies, I love these, they pack so much flavour.

Other days have been peperonata. I just love this, and on quick grab a light snack type lunch days a couple of heavy fork fuls of this from a jar in the fridge have been just the pick me up I want.

Probably because it was the same reason I use to buy them for my kids. They are not expensive. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom