"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #731
Executive Chef
 
lifesaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast Kansas
Posts: 4,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Black Bean Chili... yum!

Hmmm! Black Beans... different... I'll have to try that sometime.
__________________

__________________
Eat, Drink, Laugh and be Happy.
lifesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #732
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Looks lovely Steve YUM indeed
Thanks Kylie!
__________________

__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #733
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Today I had some tuna salad on 12 grain toast with swiss cheese, a little cottage cheese, fresh tomatoes & broccoli. Felt alot better to eat healthy today.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #734
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
I had Chicken Osaka with Asian Slaw and rice...took it to go and ate it while I was at the laundromat. My all time favorite lunch!

Did find out they make a Chicken Osaka salad...will have to give it a try.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #735
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Today I had some tuna salad on 12 grain toast with swiss cheese, a little cottage cheese, fresh tomatoes & broccoli. Felt alot better to eat healthy today.
How did you do over the holiday? I was thinking about you.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #736
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
How did you do over the holiday? I was thinking about you.
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I could have done much better over the holiday, long weekend. I ate to much pie, not alot all at once, just nibbled throughout the whole day. then that cheese dip & crackers that I could not seem to leave alone. I skipped the gym for 4 days, but got back in the pool for 2 hours tonight. Just a minor set back. I am back to eating healthy today & it makes me feel so much better. Scarey thought that dec. 20th ( my fasting blood work day) is less than 30 days away....
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #737
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I could have done much better over the holiday, long weekend. I ate to much pie, not alot all at once, just nibbled throughout the whole day. then that cheese dip & crackers that I could not seem to leave alone. I skipped the gym for 4 days, but got back in the pool for 2 hours tonight. Just a minor set back. I am back to eating healthy today & it makes me feel so much better. Scarey thought that dec. 20th ( my fasting blood work day) is less than 30 days away....
I have the utmost confidence you are going to shock the heck out of your doctor. We are all rooting for you!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #738
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have the utmost confidence you are going to shock the heck out of your doctor. We are all rooting for you!
With all of you in my corner I cannot go wrong!
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #739
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
For lunch today I just had some cornflakes
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #740
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
With all of you in my corner I cannot go wrong!
Just remember that our weight doesn't count...there in your corner!

Huge hugs!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lunch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.