What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now we have having a potato chip sandwich (crisps in the packet) on fresh white buttered bread YUM!!

Today for lunch, it is Mothers Day, so we have mum coming over :)

We are making a Sausage Carbonara with garlic bread and have a classic baked cheesecake for dessert :yum:

Had some mongolian chicken last niight & put a little hot mustard sauce on the side, all I had for lunch today was some mento's to try & settle my stomach.

Our Mothers Day lunch was delicious, we all loved it, especially dessert :yum:
Dessert is always my favorite part of any meal, what was yours today? Mine was pecan pie, but took it home in a to go box, mom is visiting tomorrow & I know she loves that pie.:yum:

Chicken dinner with salad bar for me today:pig:

Dessert is always my favorite part of any meal, what was yours today? Mine was pecan pie, but took it home in a to go box, mom is visiting tomorrow & I know she loves that pie.:yum:

SB, we made a Classic Baked Cheesecake, it was delicious :yum:

Your pecan pie sounds lovely!

No lunch today, upset stomach & spending way to much time in the bathroom. I must get to tamer foods I keep putting in my body: zesty bratwursts, popcorn & ice-cream.....ouch! My mind tells me I want to eat it but my body is letting me know differently.

No lunch today, upset stomach & spending way to much time in the bathroom. I must get to tamer foods I keep putting in my body: zesty bratwursts, popcorn & ice-cream.....ouch! My mind tells me I want to eat it but my body is letting me know differently.

:flowers::wub: Your system just isn't ready for such a major change in your eating habits yet. And tis time to get back on that diet. It can take you up to six months to get back to normal. Go slow. I worry about you. Your body has had a major invasion. It is trying to heal and you are too impatient. I do understand. I have had five major invasive operations, one which was open heart surgery. My youngest son who is the PA was given permission to watch my heart surgery. He was all right until they took my heart out and laid it on my chest while they worked on it. It was just too much for him. They did five bypasses. So I know what it is like to try and recover from major surgery. I also had part of my stomach removed due to having ulcers that were eating my ulcers.

Get the idea? It takes time to heal. The kindest thing you can do for yourself and your family is take it easy in the eating department. I am so much like you. After just four weeks after my heart surgery, I went back to work. I was working only four hours a day. And that proved to be way too much. But I was sick of being sick and wanted to get out of the house and away from doctors. I wanted to eat what I wanted. Not what my body was telling me I could only eat. I wanted my life back as I knew it. I would wake up in the morning ready to take on the world. By noon, I was ready for a long nap. The more I fought it, the longer it took me to heal.

I just recently, as you know, had surgery on both eyes. Everyone else who had the same surgery that day went home that night. Not me. I was having a difficult time shaking the anesthesia. And of course I was impatient AGAIN! It seems like I will never learn. Had I given in and just slept off the anesthesia, I would have been home that night in my own bed.

Take it easy. Eat what you know your system can handle. And try to get back on that diet. You were doing so good. Everyone has been so proud of all the progress you made. And don't forget to rest. Stop being so impatient. Give your body the time it needs to heal properly and I guarantee you will feel so much better in the end. And the more weight you lose, the faster you will heal and the better you will feel. I promise. (I never break a promise. Ask my kids.) :angel: And one for you!:angel:

:flowers::wub: Your system just isn't ready for such a major change in your eating habits yet. And tis time to get back on that diet. It can take you up to six months to get back to normal. Go slow. I worry about you. Your body has had a major invasion. It is trying to heal and you are too impatient. I do understand. I have had five major invasive operations, one which was open heart surgery. My youngest son who is the PA was given permission to watch my heart surgery. He was all right until they took my heart out and laid it on my chest while they worked on it. It was just too much for him. They did five bypasses. So I know what it is like to try and recover from major surgery. I also had part of my stomach removed due to having ulcers that were eating my ulcers.

Get the idea? It takes time to heal. The kindest thing you can do for yourself and your family is take it easy in the eating department. I am so much like you. After just four weeks after my heart surgery, I went back to work. I was working only four hours a day. And that proved to be way too much. But I was sick of being sick and wanted to get out of the house and away from doctors. I wanted to eat what I wanted. Not what my body was telling me I could only eat. I wanted my life back as I knew it. I would wake up in the morning ready to take on the world. By noon, I was ready for a long nap. The more I fought it, the longer it took me to heal.

I just recently, as you know, had surgery on both eyes. Everyone else who had the same surgery that day went home that night. Not me. I was having a difficult time shaking the anesthesia. And of course I was impatient AGAIN! It seems like I will never learn. Had I given in and just slept off the anesthesia, I would have been home that night in my own bed.

Take it easy. Eat what you know your system can handle. And try to get back on that diet. You were doing so good. Everyone has been so proud of all the progress you made. And don't forget to rest. Stop being so impatient. Give your body the time it needs to heal properly and I guarantee you will feel so much better in the end. And the more weight you lose, the faster you will heal and the better you will feel. I promise. (I never break a promise. Ask my kids.) :angel: And one for you!:angel:
Wow, you have been through alot w surgeries addie, I commend you!:angel: I try to be patient, but as you know, that can be difficult. Starting out slow today with just some toast & cereal w plans to only work 4 or 5 hours today. Protein still gives me a real gut ache though, guess I will just have to ease back into it. Thank you for the support. You are a vey kind & caring person!:angel:

Wow, you have been through alot w surgeries addie, I commend you!:angel: I try to be patient, but as you know, that can be difficult. Starting out slow today with just some toast & cereal w plans to only work 4 or 5 hours today. Protein still gives me a real gut ache though, guess I will just have to ease back into it. Thank you for the support. You are a vey kind & caring person!:angel:

Now that's the idea. Not overdoing it. Right now you are caught in a 'dammed if you do' and 'dammed if you don't.' So go with the 'don't' and go slow with the protein. I just takes time. Patience is not my virtue either. Thank you for the angels. :angel:

Today I have had boiled cauliflower with mayonnaise sauce and two pieces of griddled pork. As a dessert, strawberries macerated in sugary milk.

-Ireneu-

Hi, sb. When I was recovering from abdominal surgery, I had smoothies with vanilla yogurt and protein powder for breakfast. You can put fruit in it, too. That and toast or an English muffin makes a balanced breakfast that's easy on the tummy. Take care.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom