What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today's lunch will be brought to us by delivery...It's Chicken Osaka Day!!!!! With some Asian Green Beans, Asian Slaw and Rice. I so love this day once a month...I might actually try something different sometime...well, maybe not.

Goat yogurt mixed with lumpfish roe caviar.
The rest of my family had a normal lunch (tuna salad and cheese).

Sounds promising. Just peel the eggplant though. Please? I hate eating eggplant with the skin left on. And eggplant is my favorite veggie.

A layer of meatloaf mixture. A layer of breaded eggplant, repeat ending with a layer of meatloaf. Or....

Sauteed eggplant slices lining the outside of a loaf pan with pieces overhanging the edge. Place meat mixture in pan, fold over eggplant that is overhanging. Like a tureen.

I think the layered one would make a prettier presentation when sliced. You could also put hard boiled eggs down the middle on top of the layer of eggplant. Then cover with meat mixture. :angel:
Do you remove the seeds from the eggplant before you fry, grill or bake it?

Lunch for me today was a slice of homemade honey wheat bread, with the crust cut off, with a thin spread of cream cheese, mixed with green olives & bacon, & 1.5 oz thin sliced deli ham & a small bag of harvest cheddar sun chips & a 20 oz water.

Do you remove the seeds from the eggplant before you fry, grill or bake it?

No. But I lightly salt and press it to remove all the bitter juice.Then I rinse off the salt before I use it. And if I should get a male eggplant, there are very few seeds. Males tend to be larger and straighter than female ones. The females are usually slightly curved. :angel:

That looks very fresh & refreshing! :yum: What type of dressing is on it?

It was Kraft Strawberry Balsamic. Since I had bought some strawberries yesterday morning and saw this dressing too, I had to try it out. Then it looked so pretty that I just had to share.:)

I WAS going to have MY leftover Mexican food from yesterday's dunch with niece et al, but SOMEONE (who shall remain nameless, but who goes by DH) had already consumed most of it. My quesadilla was gone. :( Had a few crumbles of nicely seasoned ground beef and a glass of milk. :mad:

No. But I lightly salt and press it to remove all the bitter juice.Then I rinse off the salt before I use it. And if I should get a male eggplant, there are very few seeds. Males tend to be larger and straighter than female ones. The females are usually slightly curved. :angel:
Interesting. I have not worked much with eggplant. Is there a difference in taste between the two? I want to try some different specials at work with eggplant & need to learn more about it. Thanks for sharing!:angel:

Nice and healthy then :)

I try! I actually had another healthy salad last night with dinner. I may even have another for lunch today. I don't always treat myself to salad, but I should. I do like it when I have lots of good veggies, fruits, nuts, and whatever. I just have to use the fresh veggies up quickly or they die a terrible death in the refrigerator.

Interesting. I have not worked much with eggplant. Is there a difference in taste between the two? I want to try some different specials at work with eggplant & need to learn more about it. Thanks for sharing!:angel:

Just a slight difference. Because of the seeds, the female is a bit more bitter. That is why I always salt and press them. It does make a difference. I also can't stand to have the peeling left on. And I doubt your system could handle it at this time either. Find a recipe of eggplant parmigiana. It can be served in a submarine sandwich with pasta sauce on it. Or as a side to pasta. It can be a lot of work. It is one of those veggies that if you are going to serve it in your cafe, then you have to start first thing in the morning. Peeling, slicing, salting, pressing, dreging in flour, sauteeing. The old Italians dip in egg and flour. And when you are frying it, it eats up a lot of oil. If you have a deep fryer, it will make the work go more quickly. Two large eggplants will feed a family of four. :angel:

I had cole slaw with four slices of thick bacon.I had the slaw masterating for three days to soften the cabbage. I really shouldn't be eating raw roughage. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom