What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angel:
Just a slight difference. Because of the seeds, the female is a bit more bitter. That is why I always salt and press them. It does make a difference. I also can't stand to have the peeling left on. And I doubt your system could handle it at this time either. Find a recipe of eggplant parmigiana. It can be served in a submarine sandwich with pasta sauce on it. Or as a side to pasta. It can be a lot of work. It is one of those veggies that if you are going to serve it in your cafe, then you have to start first thing in the morning. Peeling, slicing, salting, pressing, dreging in flour, sauteeing. The old Italians dip in egg and flour. And when you are frying it, it eats up a lot of oil. If you have a deep fryer, it will make the work go more quickly. Two large eggplants will feed a family of four. :angel:
Thank you for sharing, appreciate the tips! :angel:

Woke up late tis morning. We went to perkins for lunch after mass. I had 1/2 eggs benedict w a few hash browns & a banana nut muffin.

1 slice of honey wheat bread, with the crust cut off, topped w pbj & 1/2 small bag of harvest cheddar sun chips.

We bought the most beautiful bag of fingerling potatoes from Costco on Sunday. 5 different colors. I boiled up a few and mashed them with low fat Greek yogurt, butter, green onions and chives. Mixed in some Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedges, and topped with a few sprinkles of bacon bits.

Thanks Addie! I know I should be cutting more carb's out of my diet & start concentrating on more fruits & vegetables.

Because of the limitations of your diet after surgery, it is now like you are starting all over again. You do good when you weigh and measure your meals. If you are going to have bread, make it grain bread. You know the routine. Now it is time for you to get back into the groove where you were before the surgery. Sure it was nice to be able to eat things that you have been denying yourself for these past weeks. With your being able to go to the pool mixed with your being back on your diet, you should start seeing the pounds leaving and falling off again. :angel:

Because of the limitations of your diet after surgery, it is now like you are starting all over again. You do good when you weigh and measure your meals. If you are going to have bread, make it grain bread. You know the routine. Now it is time for you to get back into the groove where you were before the surgery. Sure it was nice to be able to eat things that you have been denying yourself for these past weeks. With your being able to go to the pool mixed with your being back on your diet, you should start seeing the pounds leaving and falling off again. :angel:
Thank you for your support Addie!:angel: The scale isn't moving yet. Still keeping it around 1,500 calories a day, hope to be seeing results soon.:angel:

I want to try some different specials at work with eggplant & need to learn more about it. Thanks for sharing!:angel:

I used to make moussaka regularly - it's similar to lasagna, with spiced ground beef or lamb layered with eggplant, topped with bechamel sauce. Since eggplant sucks up so much oil during frying, I started broiling it instead. Works just as well and it's less oily and messy.

Last edited:
I used to make moussaka regularly - it's similar to lasagna, with spiced ground beef or lamb layered with eggplant, topped with bechamel sauce. Since eggplant sucks up so much oil during frying, I started broiling it instead. Works just as well and it's less oily and messy.

I was looking at All Recipes and they had a sandwich where they baked the eggplant of cookie sheets. Seasoned and a bit of olive oil on top. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom