What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or a very angry little Asian lady upset because you are "poaching" on "her" patch. I had that problem one day...there is a large Hmong community here.

We have an open market in the North End on Thurs., Fri., and Sat. Come five p.m. an hour before the market closes on Sat., the vendors start to toss what they haven't sold into the large pile in the middle of the street for the street people to clean up. If you are into seeing the fights, I suggest you come see for yourself. The women fight over that trash with their last breath. Grant you, a lot of that food is still good. But by Monday it would be almost not fit for consumption. So they toss it. These women have large push carts of their own that they load up and if anyone gets in their way, heaven help them. I took my g'daughter when she was 15 one Saturday to see the sight. She is now in her thirties and still talks about it. Not all the vendors toss their wares. A lot of them donate their leftovers to the Boston Food Bank. Their truck is there to pick up whatever is being donated. And they don't turn anything down. They figure they can sort it when they get the food to their warehouse. Over the years, there has been less and less for the women to fight over. Most of the food is going to the food bank. :angel:

Vegetable beef soup, & 2 very thin crusts off from honey wheat bread just out of the oven with 1 pat of butter & a slice of swiss cheese, & 1/2 banana

Tomorrow is the DH's b'day. so today we are going to the Cumberland Village Museum and taking a picnic lunch--homemade pita, tatziki, toubouli, hummus, egg salad, cold salad made out of the "mystery basket" ingredients and mini-cheese cake inspired by this:

Steven and Chris | Mini Cheesecakes

I lined muffin tins with oatmeal cookie dough and used melted chocolate to spell out I love you.

Tomorrow is the DH's b'day. so today we are going to the Cumberland Village Museum and taking a picnic lunch--homemade pita, tatziki, toubouli, hummus, egg salad, cold salad made out of the "mystery basket" ingredients and mini-cheese cake inspired by this:

I lined muffin tins with oatmeal cookie dough and used melted chocolate to spell out I love you.

Nice CWS, say Happy Birthday for me!

Happy Birthday to your hubby CWS :)

Today for lunch we are heading out for fish and chips :yum:

We are going to the chippie that does battered cod today :)

I've been really into vermicelli noodle bowls lately. I put in tons of veg, a handful of shrimp, and add in lots of nuoc cham. It is sooooooo delicious and I like that it has all the food groups all in one bowl. :cool:

I've honestly had them for lunch at least 3 times a week for the past couple months. Heheh..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom