What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A beef steak jerky with an individual bag of baked chips & a few carrot sticks w ranch dressing.

split a sandwich with dh, some shredded pork w bbq sauce, a pickle & a couple of chips, on the run.

I had a pluot...and then all the sudden it was time to come home. Basically I forgot to eat today and I had the shakes by the time I got home.

You need to take your Cheerios to work, PF! Not good!

We had Chinese buffet. Once again, I proved to myself I can't eat "All You Can Eat". Too much food.

Last edited:
You need to take your Cheerios to work, PF! Not good!

We had Chinese buffet. Once again, I proved to myself I can't eat "All You Can Eat". Too much food.

I had food...just was so busy with something new (Medicare and transmitting records online) that I didn't notice time was flying by. And we had a backlog because of permissions, problems with the program, etc., ad nauseum.

Anyhoo, I will be taking Flathead cherries, turkey and swiss lettuce wraps and another pluot. Back to my regularly scheduled activities, I won't get too distracted to not eat today.

I had a pluot...and then all the sudden it was time to come home. Basically I forgot to eat today and I had the shakes by the time I got home.
What do pluots taste like? I have heard of them, never seen them in our produce section. I have been eating my way through some lovely purple plums this week...only one of them was yellow on the inside whereas the others have been purple...makes me wonder...

What do pluots taste like? I have heard of them, never seen them in our produce section. I have been eating my way through some lovely purple plums this week...only one of them was yellow on the inside whereas the others have been purple...makes me wonder...

Pluots are a plum-apricot hybrid, they are tart-sweet, no fuzz and larger than apricots...not as cloyingly sweet.

I had a 1/3 pound bacon provolone cheeseburger on a whole wheat bun with romaine lettuce, tomato, and thousand island dressing. It was accompanied by 1/2 cup of Bush's bourbon & brown sugar grillin' beans and an original Fresca

I had a bowl of fruit salad (mango, cantaloupe, watermelon, kiwi, plums, grapes, strawberries, peaches) dressed with freshly-squeezed orange juice and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper, chopped cilantro. Notice: no added sweetner.

Last edited:
Pluots are a plum-apricot hybrid, they are tart-sweet, no fuzz and larger than apricots...not as cloyingly sweet.
I'll have to look more closely in the produce section...I did discover this week I DO NOT like star fruit at all. The chickens didn't seem to mind it. I couldn't begin to describe that flavor. Yuck.

We just had fried eggs and toast, red grapes. The grapes have finally come way down in price.

Back
Top Bottom