What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftover fried rice. I used some purslane in it when I made it last night, turned out good.

I had partial success. Spike brought me a small sub roll and I made a sandwich with the leftover smoked pork shoulder and the HV sandwich spread with garlic and Parm cheese. I cut off a small piece of the roll and removed the end. I don't like the crust of any bread. Knowing that the bread was going to be a problem, I removed some of the bread inside. Made the sandwich, took three bites and Uh Oh! Sure enough I couldn't swallow the bread. So I removed the inside to the sandwich and tossed the rest of the roll. Problem solved. Just enough to say I ate. I will try again later today. I do love the HV sandwich spread. Have to keep myself from eating it out of the jar. :angel:

Addie, what is HV sandwich spread? I love bread, especially the crust. When my husband and I split a foot long sub from Subway, I cut off the two end pieces and they are my half. He doesn't like crust either.

Addie, what is HV sandwich spread? I love bread, especially the crust. When my husband and I split a foot long sub from Subway, I cut off the two end pieces and they are my half. He doesn't like crust either.

HV=Hidden Valley. Addie loves anything Hidden Valley.

Chips and melted cheese here.

Last edited:
Sounds lovely, where did you eat Carol?

We went to Kings, which is a family run chain in the Western Pennsylvania area. During the week, you can get a very nice full breakfast for $3.99. Eggs or pancakes, sausage, toast, potatoes or fruit cup. On weekends the same breakfast is $5.99. Now that we are retired, we can go during the week.

We went to Kings, which is a family run chain in the Western Pennsylvania area. During the week, you can get a very nice full breakfast for $3.99. Eggs or pancakes, sausage, toast, potatoes or fruit cup. On weekends the same breakfast is $5.99. Now that we are retired, we can go during the week.

That is a great price for breakfast. My husband and I used to sneak out at five in the morning and go out for breakfast. We would get back in time to get the kids up for school. :angel:

That is a great price for breakfast. My husband and I used to sneak out at five in the morning and go out for breakfast. We would get back in time to get the kids up for school. :angel:

Back then you could do that, Addie, but nowdays Social Services would take your kids away from you if you left them home alone. We visit this restaurant often. All their meals are very reasonably priced. Their portions are smaller than you find in more expensive restaurants, but most restaurants give you much more than you should be eating. It's nice for my husband and I because we like different things and at a restaurant we can each order what we want.

Back
Top Bottom