What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carol, do you get Lebanon bologna? Love that stuff! DH's parents used to send it to us, both sweet and regular. Nothing like it!

It's been a long time since I've had Lebanon Bologna and I don't remember much about it. We don't buy much deli meat now that we're both retired and not carrying a lunch to work. I will have to look for it and buy some to refresh my memory.

I have been just grazing for the past week. So I heated up a Hungry Man frozen Salisbury Steak dinner. Way to much food. But at least I got more food into me. Won't be buying any more of them. :angel:

I picked up a nice pumpernickel from Wholefoods. I mixed up some quark with smoked salmon, capers, dill and chives. Yum!.

I'm not hugely fond of Nigella Lawson's cookery but have a number of her books (usually bought second hand for one penny from Amazon - that price speaks volumes doesn't it?). The other day she was demo'ing her "Curry in a Hurry" from "Express". I'd got the "makings" so that's what lunch was today. I was most impressed. I cheated and served it with a packet of Tilda lime and coriander microwave rice.

Definitely very yummy.

Turkey & swiss on a slice of wheat bread w a few chips, 1/4 c of corn chowder & an orange.

Now that sounds like something you could include in your diet. Protein, fiber, fresh fruit. And still room for a small carb. :angel:
Exactly what I was thinking. Will put that meal on my menu.:angel:
After the gym tonight I had the dreaded weigh in. I only gained 2# after a week of vacation, I was worried it would be much worse. Back to getting on the program. The final summer hurdle will be Labor Day weekend....
Thanks Addie! & PF!:angel::angel:

Exactly what I was thinking. Will put that meal on my menu.:angel:
After the gym tonight I had the dreaded weigh in. I only gained 2# after a week of vacation, I was worried it would be much worse. Back to getting on the program. The final summer hurdle will be Labor Day weekend....
Thanks Addie! & PF!:angel::angel:

I have never considered Labor Day much of a holiday. In fact, I have been known to get up on that Monday morning and get dressed to head out to work. Only one time was it a day of true labor. Spike was born on Labor Day in 1957. And there wasn't any real labor to speak of.

That worrying may just have kept you from overdoing it too much. :angel:

That is not too bad at all SB, you will lose that in no time :)

I know that when we are on holidays I always put on weight, it is all the lovely food :)

Today I had a piece of roasted chicken. I had defrosted some chicken a couple days ago and then we went out for dinner, so I had to cook that chicken since it was defrosted. It will be lunch for the next couple days. I love chicken.

I suffered all night. I ate too much KFC. Or should I say the cole slaw. I know I can't eat raw roughage. So I had seconds and then went back for thirds. I could have brought up a container that wasn't even opened and cleaned that out also. But I practiced constraint. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom