What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lunch for me today was around 3:30 pm. I had a cup of homemeade bean & ham soup with a couple of pkg.'s of crackers.

2 pieces of string cheese, a slice of flax and sunflower seed bread, all used as dippers in Smoked Tomato and Basil Hummus. And a bottle of water.

boy do I feel guilty..Lunch was a small plate with rice torta,stuffed green pepper, and zucchinis, then a roast beef sandwich, with peppers,pickles and sliced tomatoes. Ice tea finished off the lunch. We have been going out to lunc so often lately. But its been so nice.OOOps for got the macaroni salad.
kades

open-faced sandwich--cottage cheese, sliced radishes and chives on a slice of sourdough rye bread.

a while ago i bought an assortment of sugar-free jello for those times i need a little sweet somethin'. so, today i served myself a small bowl of mango jello, bracing for the usual fake fruit taste i've come to tolerate....i ended up devouring the whole bowl of pretty mango dessert--delicious, and even having a mild mango fruit taste. this one's a keeper, folks!

(sb, check it out):)

Last edited:
Will have to look for mango jello, Vit! I had greek yogurt blended with frozen blueberries, banana, and agave syrup, and a glass of skim milk. And two pieces of Hershey's chocolate minis. Okay, three pieces of Hershey's chocolate minis.

open-faced sandwich--cottage cheese, sliced radishes and chives on a slice of sourdough rye bread.

a while ago i bought an assortment of sugar-free jello for those times i need a little sweet somethin'. so, today i served myself a small bowl of mango jello, bracing for the usual fake fruit taste i've come to tolerate....i ended up devouring the whole bowl of pretty mango dessert--delicious, and even having a mild mango fruit taste. this one's a keeper, folks!

(sb, check it out):)
Thanks for the tip I will definitely check it out. :yum:

All the good I did yesterday was ruined by today's lunch. We had the employee Christmas party today and I did fairly well.

I can fully appreciate how tough the holidays are on the waistline, sounds like you did well though, that is a great feeling too! Good for you!

I had one piece of fudge and one chocolate petit four. Then I loaded up on salad, fresh veggies, cheese, meat, olives, and melon. About a tablespoon of cheesy potatoes and a dinner roll with butter. Then there was the shrimp...I had about ten of them and they were good sized. Took me all four hours of the party to eat, walked up and back (about the equivalent of 1 1/2 city blocks) three times to get each course of the meal.

A quarter cup of leftover pulled pork loin, nuked with a T. of hot Bone Sucking Sauce, with 8 black pepper low fat Triscuits, a big glass of skim milk, and a couple spoonfuls of blueberry Greek yogurt smoothie. No Hershey's Minis today.

Back
Top Bottom