What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we ate at a pub at Cape Jervis, I had a carbonara pasta and Steve had the Cape Burger, both delicious :yum:

I'm having lean ham slices, more cooked beets and an avocado with Maldon Sea Salt and Lime Zest.

Yes, more beets and avo!!! The beets and avocados from our local grocer are extremely good the past week. Just can't get enough of either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's lunch will be a bed of fresh spinach with grape tomatoes topped with curried chicken-cranberry salad and sliced almonds. Snacks will be a granny smith apple, string cheese and artisan nut thins with sesame seeds.

I want to eat meals with Kylie. Great food on vacations!

Yesterday I had black beans for lunch. Just had a craving for them. :yum:

I want to eat meals with Kylie. Great food on vacations!

Yesterday I had black beans for lunch. Just had a craving for them. :yum:

I had more of the black beans today (opened the can yesterday, and there are three servings in a can). I mixed in some salsa, and had a couple of chips too. I also had a cucumber. :yum:

SB--to eliminate some bread, you could always go with open-faced sandwiches (Scandinavian style). I can never stop at just one...
i have been trying to cut back on bread. I have been using light 12 grain bread then cutting the crust off besides. Thanks to all of the wonderful support from all of you at DC :angel::angel: really makes me think about what I am eating before I put it in my mouth.

Today, not so good. After the dr. appt. Dh & I went & had gyro's for lunch.

Surgery finally planned for friday, April 12th. Dr's say they still are not sure what this mass is until they get it out & get it to pathology. Still a good chance, could lose the left kidney. Out of our hands at this point. Just praying it's not sarcoma. Colonoscopy planned for the 11th. I have been procrastinating for almost 2 years to get that done, guess I won't be getting out of this one.

Today we got some delicious sushi on the way back home from our holidays, gee it was nice :yum:

We had salmon in one and teriyaki chicken in the other :)

i have been trying to cut back on bread. I have been using light 12 grain bread then cutting the crust off besides. Thanks to all of the wonderful support from all of you at DC :angel::angel: really makes me think about what I am eating before I put it in my mouth.

Today, not so good. After the dr. appt. Dh & I went & had gyro's for lunch.

Surgery finally planned for friday, April 12th. Dr's say they still are not sure what this mass is until they get it out & get it to pathology. Still a good chance, could lose the left kidney. Out of our hands at this point. Just praying it's not sarcoma. Colonoscopy planned for the 11th. I have been procrastinating for almost 2 years to get that done, guess I won't be getting out of this one.

:wub: :wub:You know you will be in our prayers. And don't worry about the small slips. Right now you are going through a very stressful time. I am not saying you can forget about losing weight. But it is just as important that you keep a positive attitude about your present health problems. You have managed to bring your numbers down out of the critical stage. So your surgery will go much easier.

I have turned down the colonscopy so many times, the doctor no longer brings up the subject. And he has stopped trying to get iron into me. Just try to stay as healthy as you can, keep eating right, and everything will fall into place. You are doing so good with your eating, in spite of all the worry you have right now. Try to keep your stress level down as much as possible.

Your cheering section is always here for you. :angel: And one for your daughter. :angel: We all need an angel to watch over us in a time of need. Here's yours. :angel:

:wub: :wub:You know you will be in our prayers. And don't worry about the small slips. Right now you are going through a very stressful time. I am not saying you can forget about losing weight. But it is just as important that you keep a positive attitude about your present health problems. You have managed to bring your numbers down out of the critical stage. So your surgery will go much easier.

I have turned down the colonscopy so many times, the doctor no longer brings up the subject. And he has stopped trying to get iron into me. Just try to stay as healthy as you can, keep eating right, and everything will fall into place. You are doing so good with your eating, in spite of all the worry you have right now. Try to keep your stress level down as much as possible.

Your cheering section is always here for you. :angel: And one for your daughter. :angel: We all need an angel to watch over us in a time of need. Here's yours. :angel:
Thank you Addie...and one for you too:angel: Take care of that hand so you don't get infection in it.
The pool & aqua chi seem to help with the stress, thanks for caring.:angel:

Today for lunch was a sleeve of smoked almonds & a beef steak jerky, in the car, on the way to the pool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom