What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That couple should go to wedding receptions (the more informal kind), dress in their best and wander in, grab a plate and chow down!

I don't want to give them any ideas. They might call me to bail them out of jail! :ROFLMAO:
To look at these two very interesting people, you would think they had no home. Yet their home is worth well over a million dollars.
The man worked very hard for everything they have. I can listen to his stories for hours without getting bored.

There is a hall down the road from us which they rent out sometimes for wedding receptions. For 33 years we have always wanted to get dressed up and head down there for dinner. I think if you wait long enough until everyone has had a few drinks, no one would know. The bride's family would think you knew the groom, and vice versa. My husband said, "Just walk in carrying a gift-wrapped box" but I said "Just take an empty envelope and put it in the envelope holder." Or, to be nice, put a few bucks in it. After all, you're getting free dinner.

This happened at my sisters wedding. The church was downtown and someone actually tried to do this. No gift though.

:LOL: I'm full from Costco sampling, DH had to order a turkey club on the way out. Have to remember to buy the refillable drink next time! BTW, RB, Ling Ling potstickers are $2.50 off right now.
Do they only have samples on the weekends?

Yes, I bought two bags of pot stickers. Price is excellent compared to grocery store.
Costco has samples every day. But weekends, starting Friday are when they really do it up.

Like minds! :LOL: I always swore that if I became down and out that's what I'd do. Well, I'm down but not out---- yet! Besides, who would question an old lady with a cane? Someone would probably fill my plate up for me and bring it to me! :LOL:

You would probably never go hungry provided you could find enough weddings to crash.
I ended up making the wedding crasher at my sisters wedding a very nice plate and politely asked him to leave.
I kinda felt bad for the guy.

You would probably never go hungry provided you could find enough weddings to crash./QUOTE]

That's my solution for augmenting the little money my SS gives me each month. :LOL:

And I might meet a very wealthy senior citizen who just might want to marry me----- or keep me in the manner to which I'd like to become accustomed!!!

Today lunch will be chicken salad stuffed into Campari tomatoes (the little ones). I like making 'small plate' items for lunch.

Cooked up some Ling Ling potstickers we found at Costco. DH is now totally smitten with them, he loved the included sauce as well.

Will be out this evening so lunch was dinner. Tagliatelli with tomato and roasted pepper sauce and Parmesan Regg followed by plain yoghourt with lemon curd stirred in and a handful of grapes.

I made a glorious chicken salad using the two thighs I had left over from the weekend's paella. Two sandwiches on toast was my lunch.

I made grilled cheese and bacon club lunchmeat sammies on rosemary bread. Low sodium V8.

Last edited:
I had a spinach salad with ham, cheddar, sprouts, grape tomatoes, walnuts and ranch dressing. Water.

Fried leftover rice and soba noodles in ghee. Added some chopped green onions plus some leftover shredded raw carrot and daikon. Then cracked an egg over it until the whites were set but runny. A few dashes of Maggi seasoning and ---- yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom