What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since it's the height of tomato season here, I had yet another BLT with double garden tomatoes :yum: I also had some leftover potato salad with a mustardy dressing and some pickles from the class I volunteered for yesterday. So tasty.

Attachments

• 0811151328a.jpg
    0811151328a.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 176
Looks good GG - I never get tired of BLT's. Joey - I sure could go for some of that deep fried seafood ravioli. :ohmy: :yum:

I'll probably nibble on a piece of whole wheat toast with hummus here in a few. I don't eat lunch very often, usually I have a late good sized breakfast and an early dinner and call that good. I'm kind of hungry now though, probably has nothing to do with looking at all this great food on here. ;-)

Last edited:
Made little turkey burgers for the first time. They were delicious! Used a pound of lean, ground turkey, a half cup of Panko bread crumbs, a few splashes of Worchester sauce and used a large ice cream scoop to make them all uniform. Sliced up a tomato from the garden and it was heaven!

Attachments

• turkburger.JPG
    turkburger.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 96
My daughter took me with her so she could buy a new recliner for her bedroom. So today my daughter took me to Five Guys for a burger after shopping. I had just onions with mayo for mine. I ate half and brought the other half home. Finished it a while ago. :angel:

My daughter took me with her so she could buy a new recliner for her bedroom. So today my daughter took me to Five Guys for a burger after shopping. I had just onions with mayo for mine. I ate half and brought the other half home. Finished it a while ago. :angel:
I haven't tried one of their burgers. How does it compare with other burger joints, e.g. above average? Are the fries the standard frozen ones fried up or fresh?

I've only eaten at 5 Guys once and it wasn't bad. I'd say they were better than Buger King and Jack in the Box. I was under the impression the fries were fresh but not certain.

Today for lunch I had toasted Tillamook cheese "sandwiches" with lots of ketchup.

I haven't tried one of their burgers. How does it compare with other burger joints, e.g. above average? Are the fries the standard frozen ones fried up or fresh?

Baby Bro and his wife love Five Guys. They have one quite close to where they live. I prefer Hardee's burgers, and don't normally get too excited about fries, but Five Guys do give you a large amount of fries. I think they're fresh cut.

We had spaghetti leftovers for lunch.

Last edited:
Baby Bro and his wife love Five Guys. They have one quite close to where they live. I prefer Hardee's burgers, and don't normally get too excited about fries, but Five Guys do give you a large amount of fries. I think they're fresh cut.

We had spaghetti leftovers for lunch.

Mine was juicy. And the onions were done just enough for me. It was certainly much thicker than a fast burger. We didn't get the fries. But from what I could see, they certainly give you plenty. And at this Five Guys, they also give you a free small tray of peanuts in the shell. We passed on those. Would I go back? Yes if it were more closer to home. I need transportation to go to this one. :angel:

Five Guys fries are cut fresh daily. And if you like your fries extra crispy they will double fry them for you with no problem. Five Guys is our favorite, now it takes us a little over an hour to get to the nearest one.

We have a couple of larger Five Guys near us. "Near" meaning within 25 miles. :glare: When you walk in, the aisle heading to the order counter is lined with stacked bags of potatoes - I think they're 50# bags. The chalkboard on the wall tells you which farm(s) the potatoes are from. They also have a big stack of boxes filled with peanuts, with the top one opened so you can help yourself...over and over and.... Evil.

PF, next time you're near a Five Guys, buy extra fries. We've reheated them hours after buying, and they come out like just-made. Maybe you could freeze them for another day, then defrost and reheat? We find preheating the oven to 450 and putting the fries into the hot oven for about 5-7 minutes works great!

Andy, you awakened old memories of meat loaf sandwiches. I needed to post on the food for camping thread. Meat loaf sandwiches are the best reason to make a meat loaf!!

That crock pot Kalua pork turned out so well last night, I had it for brunch. I heated it up in a skillet with some of the juice and then broke two eggs on top and covered it until the eggs were set with still runny yolks. Delish!!

Back
Top Bottom