What have you/will you be eating Sunday 3/18/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Brown Cow coffee yogurt for breakfast.
Corned beef (either sandwich or with leftover taters and cabbage) will be lunch.
I'm thinking chicken cutlets dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter (and maybe a bit of bacon fat). Then lemon pan gravy, Knorr alfredo side and broccoli or green beans (steamed green beans dressed with salt, pepper, fresh garlic, lemon juice and EVOO).

I've got ham hocks in the pressure cooker...beans to go in after it's done. Should make plenty of soup for the next week.

I had a leftover smoked meatloaf sandwich for lunch. Probably leftover meatloaf for dinner -- I have a photoshoot later this afternoon.

CD

I seem to have picked up a nasty bug during my travels the past couple of weeks. I've been pretty much out for the count today. So dinner will be a salad, or something equally quick/easy. Then it's off to bed again. :neutral:

Costco calamari sticks aren't too bad in a pinch..
When you are craving deep fried snacks or apps they are fine..they cook up in 2 or 3 minutes, tender inside and not heavily spiced or salted..about 24 in a box, so that is three separate feeds for us as an appetizer...I'll get them again..

Bacon lettuce cucumber mayo crumbled blue cheese sammies on sour dough toast. Grapes. Slice of banana bread for laters, that I made this morning.

We had pita bread pizzas.

I hope you don't mind me popping back in. I joined ages ago, posted a bit and then I don't know what happened.

Still feeling lousy from this cold whatever it is. DD has caught it now and we didn’t want to cook. So we did Chinese take out.

Everyone's Sunday Suppers sound wonderful.
(I should say other than you folks who are not feeling well,
get better soon)
We just love our Sunday's.
For breakfast DH suggested Waffles a few days back, so that's what it was.
And for our dinner it was an appetizer for DH
DSC06981.JPG
Cantaloupe wrapped with Prosciutto
(I don't care for melons, I'm saving my calories for the main event)
DSC06982.JPG
DSC06983.JPG
For Sunday's Dinner, DH requested Lasagna, MMM!
Some TJ's Half Baked Ciabatta and a glass (or three ;))
of Pinot Noir and I'm very happy AND stayed within in numbers for the day,
of course I can't have dessert, but that's okay by me.

Last edited:
I'm doing my usual 1 lb. Eye of Round roast. I'm wondering what others start their internal meat temp at when using a probe. I thawed it for two days. It was still a bit chilly in the middle (31F). So, I zapped it on microwave 2 setting for 4 minutes which brought the internal temp up to 34F. What temp do you probe users like to start your internal roasts at, if I might ask?

Last edited:
I'm doing my usual 1 lb. Eye of Round roast. I'm wondering what others start their internal meat temp at when using a probe. I thawed it for two days. It was still a bit chilly in the middle (31F). So, I zapped it on microwave 2 setting for 4 minutes which brought the internal temp up to 34F. What temp do you probe users like to start your internal roasts at, if I might ask?

I never measure the temperature at the start of the cooking process. For some roasts, I take it out of the fridge ahead of time then go to the oven.

All a probe thermometer tells me is what the temperature is right now. What matters is what I am cooking. I let my meatloaf setup in the fridge for a few hours yesterday to get firm, so it started out pretty cold inside. That works for a meatloaf I am going to cook to well-done (160F), in about an hour at around 350F on the smoker. If I am looking for a medium rare beef roast, I try to start with the meat close to room temperature. The probe tells me if/when I'm there.

I don't think I've ever cooked and eye-of-round roast, so I'm not sure where I would start, or end, for that matter. But, what you are cooking and what the desired outcome is will lead you to a good starting temperature.

Hopefully someone else can go into more depth and detail than I can.

CD

I used the 500F method for 7 minutes per pound, turn off oven. Let it cook for so many hours per pound. I don't trust that method with my cooking skills, so I use a temp probe.

I pulled the roast out of the oven when the probe reached 128F and wrapped the roast in foil to raise it up 10 degrees to 135F. I was just wondering what other temp probe owners start their roast's internal at, temp wise. Mine was 34F. It was 31F before I zapped it a little. It seemed a little chilly inside is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
It was a chili kind of day up our way, wasn't it tenspeed? That's what we had, too. We had Fritos with ours (a real treat). Himself topped his chili with shredded cheddar cheese and minced raw onion. I had just the cheese on mine. A bit of Graeter's Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Chip ice cream to cool our pipes afterwards.

...I hope you don't mind me popping back in. I joined ages ago, posted a bit and then I don't know what happened.
Welcome back, Syrah! Don't go *poof* this time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom