What is better pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I much prefer Sweet Potato, but it is surely a matter of personal taste. I like pumpkin pretty much every way except pie. OTOH, Sweet Potato Pie is my favorite dessert in the world.

I really do love them both, almost equally. But I guess I would have to pick pumpkin with fresh whipped cream on top! I love PIE!

I was never a huge pumpkin fan, I'd eat it but not often. I made a Sweet Potato this Thanksgiving, and I fell in love!
As my first description to my husband went......

It tastes like pumkin pie, only sweet potato-ish!

Pumpkins make good Jack-O-Lanterns....Sweet Potatoes make good pies;)

I raised a pumpkin patch for the kids one time, and DW started cooking them. Casserole type dish, sugar butter, spices etc. It got to where pumpkin was on the table 3 nights per week. I got very tired of pumpkin, to the point I told her, if she didn't stop it I was gonna file papers on her!:LOL:

Nothing beats a well made pumpkin pie. For a change of pace, try butter on it instead of whipped cream..

Definitely a matter of personal taste. I make and enjoy pumpkin pie and have never had sweet potato pie. Perhaps I would like it better than pumpkin if I tried it. Perhaps I wouldn't like it at all as I am not a fan of sweet potatoes.

The seasonings for pumpkin, sweet potato and butternut squash pies are the same pretty much, aren't they?

I'm not sure I could tell the difference among them unless I was doing a side-by-side-by-side comparison. Which I'm more than willing to do, if anyone (or three of you) would like to send me one of each. :)

Lee

If well made, both are good. I'm just sick of pumpkin pie made from canned pie filling. I can't even eat it.

I now have a strong preference for sweet potato pie!

I have a feeling that pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie tastes run regionally, being that more Northerners grow pumpkins and Southerners grow sweet potatoes, but I could be wrong. Having had a mother with Southern roots, we loved sweet potatoes any which way at our house, including cold for our packed school lunch. My Northern side of the family only made pumpkin pies. (It just wasn't natural to make sweet potatoes into pie)Personally, I'd take either one if you'd like to serve it up to me. Plenty of whipped cream, though!

pie wonderful wonderful pie.

sweet potato gets the vote here. especially for my so.

made a sweet potato side dish for thanksgiving and everyone loved it. very much like the pie filling

babetoo

Back
Top Bottom