What is for Dinner, Friday, Aug. 21st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we were on vacation in Aruba last year, I picked up a seasoning packet for coconut cream curry. It was a product of the islands so I thought I'd give it a try.

The first time, I made it according to directions and it wasn't great. This time I doctored it up with some chili peppers, coconut milk, and some other odds and ends. I cooked it with pork, onion, water chestnuts, peanuts and mushrooms since that's what I had in the house and served it over rice. It was very tasty.

BBQ Pork Ribs for bf
Corn on the cob
honey mustard marinated chicken breasts for me
garlic buttered noodles

I also made a peach cobbler earlier for the first time since I had some peaches to use up . I doubt we'll have any though. We are more candy for dessert people when at home.:LOL:

Tonight was surf and turf night. Grilled ribeyes with shrimp kabobs. Sides were asparagus and a garden salad.

Dinner was breaded chicken cutlets (seasoned flour, egg wash and then seasoned breadcrumbs with grated cheese added), fresh bi-colored sweet corn off the cob and baked potato (i didn't have potato)

img_846544_0_f7571580c4cc1421904e643f566fb6a4.jpg

for dessert butter pecan ice cream with butterscotch topping

img_846544_1_390d6d698e106a0d04ef9ea7cb6666e9.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier
I couldn't karma you so have a great week off. I think you ARE inspiring me to go the pizza route. :)

Take the easy way out and get the take-out pizza! You cook so much as it is! I'm not getting take-out, but I'm cheating! :ermm:

Thanks, VB. Thing is I actually love cooking! We ended up going to A&W for lunch and stuffed ourselves on burgers, fries and onion rings. So Dad and I just had sausage rolls and salad for dinner. Pizza maybe tomorrow as I will be finishing a cake order.

Dinner was breaded chicken cutlets (seasoned flour, egg wash and then seasoned breadcrumbs with grated cheese added), fresh bi-colored sweet corn off the cob and baked potato (i didn't have potato)

img_846560_0_f7571580c4cc1421904e643f566fb6a4.jpg

img_846560_1_390d6d698e106a0d04ef9ea7cb6666e9.jpg
I would kill for a scoop of that ice cream right now! I had some cream of mushroom with sherry I made this afternoon, with a roast beef dinner and a baked pear for dessert. It was delicious

When we were on vacation in Aruba last year, I picked up a seasoning packet for coconut cream curry. It was a product of the islands so I thought I'd give it a try.

The first time, I made it according to directions and it wasn't great. This time I doctored it up with some chili peppers, coconut milk, and some other odds and ends. I cooked it with pork, onion, water chestnuts, peanuts and mushrooms since that's what I had in the house and served it over rice. It was very tasty.

That sounds delicious Andy :) I have a colleague at work who's getting married in Aruba next year - did you enjoy the island?

img_846570_0_390d6d698e106a0d04ef9ea7cb6666e9.jpg

That looks a very satisfying meal MM :) Your ice-cream would of gone down well after our pizza :D

I grilled some T-Bones tonight!

img_846570_1_c086c4b17215b0e2746c0c3421a615c1.jpg

That is some bbq :cool: Great photo!!

We had our Hawaian takeout pizza and I just added some extra chopped ham, pineapple and sauteed mushrooms then sprinkled with mature cheddar cheese and it was delicious. The funny thing was they gave us a free pizza because after ordering 10 in a row you get one free :D Guess what's for breakfast today :LOL:

img_846591_0_f7571580c4cc1421904e643f566fb6a4.jpg

img_846591_1_390d6d698e106a0d04ef9ea7cb6666e9.jpg
Yummy, msmofet!! Again, my kind of meal!.... especially the dessert!
yum.gif

i prefer that kind of pizza. it's less work & if it's an individual place, usually rather tasty!
There is a place in my town called Godfather's Pizza... they have two locations, but they have really great pizza. There is another one called Garlic Jim's that I want to try!

thank you VB!! and now i want your mac and cheese and meatloaf. you're dinner looks yummy!!

Tuna/White bean salad with corn, green beans, sweet onion, green peas, grape tomatoes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom