What is for dinner, Friday, January 30th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I know it's early, but I just got done putting dinner in the crock-pot. We are having Easy Crock Pot Roast Beef Recipe : Recipezaar. It calls for french onion soup, but I didn't have that. So, I added beef broth and sliced onion, along with 2 chopped potatoes that had to be used up. I also added a couple pinches of Herbes de Provence for a more country flavor.

Wow, only 2 replies??? ?

Left-overs here: Pulled pork, chicken wings, Chicken salad, Beef N Barley stew, and lots of veggies.

Time to get the refrigerator cleaned out for the weekend.
The new stove is being delivered and installed tomorrow and I'm breaking it in!!!

have store bought shredded bbq chicken. going to have on burger bun, left over rice and salad. if i get cookies baked will have for a dessert or have some bumble berry tarts in freezer. yum

have store bought shredded bbq chicken. going to have on burger bun, left over rice and salad. if i get cookies baked will have for a dessert or have some bumble berry tarts in freezer. yum

babetoo,
What is a bumble berry tart?

The kids have been bugging me for a 'breakfast' dinner, so, tonight I'm making biscuits and gravy with hash browns and a tofu scramble.

babetoo,
What is a bumble berry tart?

several kinds of berrys , raspberries, blackberries and blue berries in a flaky pie crust , individal pie sorta. wonderful heated in micro, a little ice cream or whipped cream on top. just the right size for one person. come frozen in counts of six. also make appleones. i love em
:cool:

I am making the ranch chicken recipe from the pioneer woman website, mashed sour cream potatoes and green beans.

I am glad its Friday!

DH working again (only one day off this week!) so we had our main meal at lunch again.

I did egg fu yung for him with mushrooms, ham, green onions and sprouts, and my fu yung sauce. I need to watch the egg intake so had fruit with low fat cottage cheese and leftover chicken from yesterday.

For dinner I will probably just have some form of salad.

several kinds of berrys , raspberries, blackberries and blue berries in a flaky pie crust , individal pie sorta. wonderful heated in micro, a little ice cream or whipped cream on top. just the right size for one person. come frozen in counts of six. also make appleones. i love em
:cool:

Hmmm sounds great. I wonder if I can find a recipe.

I did... Bumbleberry Pie II - Allrecipes looks really good.

We're having meatloaf...last time I did this, I made two and put one in the freezer, and Kim was delighted to run across the other one this morning.

I had planned on roasted cauliflower to go with...Kim was wanting scalloped potatoes...but I think we have agreed now on meatloaf sandwiches.
Hard to beat.

Boy, I sure wish I had some of that!

I must say that I erred in my description, since I did sole and tilapia, not cod. The sole turned out much better than the tilapia, since the tilapia was a bit tough. I did bake the sole for less time since it was thinner.
The rest turned out very well.
PS equal amounts of dijon, mayonaise and parmesan makes an excellent topping for baked or broiled white fish.

I wish I could say something other than pasta with maranara but here we go 3 days in a row! I wonder what my mom is making my brother right now.......

I baked pork chops on top of sauerkraut. I was going to make mashed potatoes, but I got too interested in a show we were watching and figured it was too late, so I threw a couple sweet potatoes in the microwave oven. We also had green beans.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom