What is for Dinner, Friday, May 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I am using leftovers to make stuffed red peppers for Mark.. with a salad.

I'm going to have something with ground turkey. I'll let you know later.

What are you having on this Friday?

This is my night off, so this is when I "COOK". I will decide later what that will be.

It's a salad day for me. Adobo tuna on shredded Napa cabbage. It's 50:50 if I'll have the gumption to make rolls or not. :)

I want to use up some orphan items in the frig; some pesto, some chevre cheese, an asparagus spear or two, will probably do a pasta toss, scramble, combo, whatever..

I got a bunch of very lean ground beef for a great price on Wednesday and a bag of free hard rolls/hamburger buns, so I'm going to make sloppy joes. I'll take some baked beans out of the freezer and have chocolate cake for dessert.

After making sugar roses all day I think I will have anything that isn't red in colour! So that leaves lasagna out for sure. Probably use some of the beef I bought for it and make burger hash, a dish my Mom used to make as a kid....I would give you the recipe, but it is never the same twice! Basics are ground beef, onions, potatoes, roux and beef stock. I will probably add peas and corn.

There's absolutely nothing in the house to eat... We have spaghetti and that's about it. Maybe when my mom gets home we can head over to Stop & Shop and see what we could put on top of it.. Today's cloudy and muggy and damp, having a fresh summer dish would add a little brightness to the day.

I got some red potatoes sometime last week, so I think I'll use those to make my shepherds pie. Sounds filling, and always a good comfort food

Back
Top Bottom