What Is For Dinner Halloween Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Didn't get dinner last night, cancelled the kids as I felt like heck.
Tonight, we'll see but I'm thinking although it's not cold or blustery or anything fun like that, I may still have to do a big pot of chili. I'll do it Cincinnati style with the cheese and onions on top, garlic bread for the DH and a salad for the DW.

So, wutterya making yourselves for this very :w00t: :sorcerer: :devilish: :chicken: :cat: :zorro: :chris: :alien: spooky night?

Absolutely Nothing here, as it`s also our Wedding aniversary also (8 years married), so we`re having a Take-Away :)

On a typical Halloween night we have a steady parade of about 100 or so "spooks" coming to our door. I usually pick up something "pre-made" on the way home. We eat late, after we close down the treat station.

DH has class tonight so he won't be going trick or treating with us. I think I'll call him and see if he wants to meet at a pizza place and then he can go to school and after our little one and I will go trick or treating.

Our trick or treat night was on Saturday, so we won't be having kids at the door tonight. Kim got a package of smoked pork butt out of the freezer, and we'll be having sandwiches from that.
I haven't personally cooked anything for several days, and feel like I should fix something to go with the sandwiches...maybe something will come to me.

Husband & I have had the same Halloween dinner tradition for many many years now - takeout pizza, an assortment of donuts, & apple cider. This way we can just lounge around & enjoy all the old horror flicks on tv without having to mess around in the kitchen. Tonight I'll be popping out for the pizza, while husband will bring home the donuts on his way home from work, since we don't have any donut shops in town.

Even tho I did buy a bag of candy (which husband has already looted - lol!), in the 10 years we've been here we've only gotten ONE trick-or-treater. Let's face it, no one is going to venture down a dark 1/2-mile dirt/gravel road up a dark dirt/gravel pine-lined drive to a house filled with howling hounds from h*ll just to get a piece of candy - lol!!

I will carve a pumpkin today though - that's tradition too. However, even though I have more cartons of Halloween decorations than I do for Xmas, I didn't haul them out this year. My jack-o-lantern will just have to do.

My parents in NY, however, usually get a good showing of trick-or-treaters, being that they live on "Cemetery Lane", which boasts a large old faimly cemetery on it.

happy anniversary yt!

tonight, we dine on candy!!!! bwa-hahahahaaaa

i've been feeding the local little bastids their blood-candy on haloween for many years, so my house doesn't get egged (it's the way to teach your children the finer points of extortion! sort of a "how-to" :) ).

this year, we are taking my son around to get some of it back.

Chili is our traditional halloween supper. Its quick and keeps you warm (in oh so many ways!) while you're out trick or treating.

Happy Anniversary yt! Bucky, if you take the cutie on your own all the "Desperate Housewives" give extra candy to the brave daddy with the cute kid. Heh heh heh. Leave the DW at home.

happy birthday to your pride and joy, jkath!

my little guy agreed on about a dozen costumes when looking thru a few catalogs. i guess he figures that at 2 1/2, you can get away with wearing one everyday. :)

but when dw took him to a costume store, he went straight to a fireman's outfit. helmet and coat, but the boot covers were lame so i went to nordstroms and bought a real pair of boots that look kinda fireman-ish. he needed them for the upcoming bad weather anyway.

i'll have to post some pix soon.

and lol alix. i've noticed that some other moms in the park start look like a flock of flamingoes when we go there sans dw, craning their necks, and squaking a little more, often all turning in the same direction to see who's the single daddy. .

Last edited:
We're have Halloween Hamburger Casserole. I just added the Halloween.:LOL:

The kids must not be allowed to trick or treat here since we've never had even 1. I believe the recreation centers, churches and other organizations give parties to keep the kids safe.

In my sister's area, they trick or treat down the main street and the shop keepers give out candy. The church parishoners also go to their church parking lot and have candy in their trunks and then they have a party inside.

It's a shame. We had a ball dressing up and going throughout the neighborhood. I'm sorry there are so many pitiful mean people who have spoiled this wonderful holiday.

Half Baked said:
It's a shame. We had a ball dressing up and going throughout the neighborhood. I'm sorry there are so many pitiful mean people who have spoiled this wonderful holiday.

AMEN! Its one of the true joys of childhood.

Bucky, the fireman outfit is going to cause a lot of "AWWWWW!" and you will get buttloads of candy. Ken has in the past carried a LARGE bag for each of the girls and let them carry a cute little pumpkin to collect at the doors. This however has resulted in Madeleine running down the driveway yelling "DAD! I NEED TO DUMP!" :LOL:

Alix said:
"DAD! I NEED TO DUMP!" :LOL:

Just spit coffee on the screen. I gotta stop doing that.

Buckytom - great mental picture of the flamingoes!

My younger boy's going as Jeff Gordon this year, along with his #24 helmet to hold the stash.

I think I'm going to go to the chinese place early today and get a bunch of fortune cookies and dip them in chocolate for dessert.

buckytom said:
this year, we are taking my son around to get some of it back.
Take some photos bucky! I can't wait to see them. Aidan is a lion again this year. Which is fine with me since it still fits and we forked out $30 for it last year. Trick or treating for us tonight. We drive into town to a great neighborhood, then we'll probably go by the fire station to show dad. Since dh is working and we live in Sketchyville, I'm hoping to miss the trick or treaters here. I don't want to open my door to some weirdo in a mask. :devilish: I'll come home, put the kids to sleep, then sit in the dark for a while. :LOL: I'm hoping to get some thai takeout for dinner but I don't know if the odds are good. It's kind of a hassle with both the kids. Maybe I'll just rifle through Aidan's candy for dinner. :LOL:

DH and I are going to youngest daughters and the girls will be taking Cade, Ethan and Carson around to t and t, Olivia dressed as a baby chick will go a couple of houses then come back to stay with me and answer the door. So we are having an odd assortment of things, chilli dogs with cheese,onions, candy,chips, some corn chips and salsa,candy, deviled eggs, candy, chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes both decorated for halloween,candy, hot cider,candy, and that's all..Oh did I forget candy?:LOL:

kadesma, in costume, with broom in neutral til later!!:ROFLMAO:
Happy HALLOWEEN!!!

Back
Top Bottom