What is for Dinner, Monday, 1-19-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An off-the-cuff recipe (aka what's in my pantry):

Pecan encrusted pork chops with cranberry & herb stuffing, steamed cauliflower, and green salad.

Fingers crossed.:doh:

I have my dinner prepped....
-pork chop thawed
-breadcrumbs made (made with plain white bread, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt-n-pepper, diced green onion and a little flour)
-carrots diced (I had some to use up, so they will be glazed--butter, sugar, pinch of nutmeg, salt-n-pepper and garlic powder)

Now, I just have to see what time Mark gets home. :rolleyes:

We had pot roast, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms made in the crockpot. I also made some rolls.

Barb

tonight a simple pasta with a topping of sauteed onions, garlic, bacon, Broccoli, garbanzo and a touch of marsala... one of those what can I make with what is on hand pastas... turned out pretty good.

Had no pasta for baked taco pasta so I made hamburger stroganoff over rice and some steamed green beans.

Had planned a rerun of last night, but changed my mind. I discovered a container of French onion soup in the freezer, so that will dictate what I have. I'm in the mood for beef and may take a small steak out of the freezer and marinate it, then cook it in my grill pan. Lots of romaine in the fridge and some delicious dressing. Salad would be good.

I also have a container of French onion soup and several ribeyes in the freezer, and salad fixin's in the fridge. Thanks for reminding me...that will be tomorrow night's supper, along with a big baked potato which Kim and I will split. I believe I also have some other nice accoutrements

The steaks are thick, and we'll have enough left to slice into Philly cheese steak sandwiches the next day, and if I bake a couple of of extra potatoes, Kim will slice the into wedges and fry them up in a non-stick pan with a small amount of olive oil. They are wonderful that way. If you want to sprinkle them with salt and pepper, grated cheese, bacon bits or whatever, sprinkle, stir for a few minutes, cover with lid and remove from heat. Remove lid when cheese is melted...2-3 minutes.

You've gotta try sprinkling a tiny pinch of sugar sprinkled over both sides of the steak. It's really good.

I also have a container of French onion soup and several ribeyes in the freezer, and salad fixin's in the fridge. Thanks for reminding me...that will be tomorrow night's supper, along with a big baked potato which Kim and I will split. I believe I also have some other nice accoutrements

The steaks are thick, and we'll have enough left to slice into Philly cheese steak sandwiches the next day, and if I bake a couple of of extra potatoes, Kim will slice the into wedges and fry them up in a non-stick pan with a small amount of olive oil. They are wonderful that way. If you want to sprinkle them with salt and pepper, grated cheese, bacon bits or whatever, sprinkle, stir for a few minutes, cover with lid and remove from heat. Remove lid when cheese is melted...2-3 minutes.

You've gotta try sprinkling a tiny pinch of sugar sprinkled over both sides of the steak. It's really good.
Good heavens Connie, I just finsihed dinner and you have me wanting to come eat with you tomorrow:LOL:
kades

img_777011_0_4616cf9082419dc412f5f063faea680d.jpg

img_777011_1_2f029fca1cb40ee9ec3bde3336985273.jpg

This was dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom