What is for Dinner, Monday, August 10th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyjonny_uk

Senior Cook
For lunch we finished up the chilli nachos from yesterday but for dinner I'm going to be doing some kind of stuffed peppers drizzled with homemade tomato sauce and herby potato wedges.

What's on the menu for you today?

Leftover Sunday dinner; roast lamb loin, salad, fresh corn on the cob.

Probably veggie enchiladas. Mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, spinach, and red peppers. I have some extra thin corn tortillas, and dipping them in hot water before rolling them helps cut a lot of fat. I'll serve them with a salad and some of the corn relish I put up last year over the top.

Stuffed peppers with potato wedges and tomato sauce

img_843920_0_7d3ab63d5d3ba9ab04718ed1d03e05c7.jpg

img_843920_1_a936a9358c6e6ff2c9d32e98732b6f2f.jpg

The other thread about fat content and ground beef/ground chuck has made me hungry for chili. I can (and did) knock out a crock pot of tasty chili in about an hour!

Yes, I know that I could use a regular stove top pot or dutch oven, but a crock pot, for me, is a no-burn/walk away and do-other-things/eat-when-I'm-ready alternative.

BBQ burgers, can't decide on green salad or caesar and if I can scrounge some fries out of the freezer we will have those too, otherwise it will be a baked potato night.

Made a pot of my dads beans,green salad and warm french bread...Ice cream for dessert.
kadesma

soft beef tacos with cheese, sour cream, salsa , hot sauce (if you want) , onions, tomatoes, lettuce . There's tortilla chips and salsa but no one ever wants that.

I'm making tuna-n-noodle casserole, using tuna (obviously), shell pasta, peas-n-carrots, cream of mushroom/chicken soup (not two whole cans--I ran out of one), salt, garlic powder, cheddar cheese and topped with crushed Saltine crackers.

I'm making tuna-n-noodle casserole, using tuna (obviously), shell pasta, peas-n-carrots, cream of mushroom/chicken soup (not two whole cans--I ran out of one), salt, garlic powder, cheddar cheese and topped with crushed Saltine crackers.

My ex-wife used to make it with that same recipe except she used crushed potato chips in stead of crackers for the topping. That was 15 years ago. I haven't had it since, not that I dislike it... I just don't often think about it.

Seared duck breast, grilled eggplant and pasta.

Later, I made some macaroons.

YUm Yum! What kind of tomato sauce is that?? Man that looks delish! :chef: And, is that still your camera phone? What are the peppers stuffed with?

Hiya VB :)

It was my first attempt at the whole recipe and just got inspired by many different recipes and then put this one together. For the sauce I sweated some onion, garlic, carrot and a sprinkle of salt, pepper & sugar. Then added a can of chopped tomatoes in their own juice and some chopped fresh basil and simmered for 45 minutes. Then I left to cool and blended all together with a knob of butter and warmed through on the stove to serve.

It's still the camera phone yeah :)

For the pepper stuffing I cooked off onions and garlic again and a little salt and paprika then added some mixed beef & pork mince and cooked through until browned and then added cooked saffron rice and mixed in thoroughly whilst cooking for a few more minutes. I then filled the peppers half full with the mixture and then a layer of tomato sauce then another layer of filling and cooked covered in the oven for 45 minutes. Then I uncovered and sprinkled with cheese and cooked for a further 15 minutes to melt and brown the cheese. Finish off with another drizzle of tomato sauce on top.

Sorry that turned into a full description :LOL:

Anyway, trust me it was absolutely delicious :D

Back
Top Bottom