What is for Dinner, Monday, August 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I am going to have the soup that I didn't make last night. Mark doesn't like mushrooms, so I'm not sure what I'm doing for him yet.

What are you having for supper?

DS gets his wisdom teeth out today so he'll probably have soup with his painkillers. We have enough leftovers of spaghetti so I'll probably bake it with some cheese and have salads for hubby and me.

Home made Chicken Pot Pie for one (I'm finally getting the hang of cooking from scratch for one with a minimum of leftovers or waste.) And I'm using diced turnip in place of potato (a substitution that benefits arthritis sufferers.) I also have a little baguette from last night on which I'll drizzle a little EVOO and sweetened balsamic vinegar.

It's a sunny day. No rain predicted. So I think I'll scrape the rust off the grill and do some burgers.

Home made Chicken Pot Pie for one (I'm finally getting the hang of cooking from scratch for one with a minimum of leftovers or waste.) And I'm using diced turnip in place of potato (a substitution that benefits arthritis sufferers.) I also have a little baguette from last night on which I'll drizzle a little EVOO and sweetened balsamic vinegar.
i like mashed turnip and potato.

no cooking tonight. hubs day off so we are going out for my birthday dinner tonight instead of tomorrow. it will be STEAK!! not sure where, i have 3 places i like so i will choose later.

Griddled pork steaks topped with redcurrant salsa and crusty herb and garlic bread :chef:

img_841823_0_43d7781bd9040ee91f79b96192759afe.jpg

Griddled pork steaks topped with redcurrant salsa and crusty herb and garlic bread :chef:

img_841829_0_43d7781bd9040ee91f79b96192759afe.jpg
that looks yummy!! whats in the salsa? it's already night by you right? what time is it? i think you are about 10 to 12 hours ahead of me.

that looks yummy!! whats in the salsa?

Thanks, the salsa is:

Red chilli
White onion
Tomatoes
Red & Green pepper
Garlic
Cucumber
Redcurrants
Lemon zest
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Sugar

Blended it all together and then put through a sieve. Drizzled a small amount of the liquid on top and decorated with whole redcurrants.

it's already night by you right? what time is it? i think you are about 10 to 12 hours ahead of me.

It's 20.49 at the moment so yeah evening time for me :)

no cooking tonight. hubs day off so we are going out for my birthday dinner tonight instead of tomorrow. it will be STEAK!! not sure where, i have 3 places i like so i will choose later.
Happy Birthday to you, msmofet!!
bday1.gif

Do you know where you're going for dinner yet?

Thanks Vanilla Bean :)

Although I did taste the salsa and it was amazing I didn't eat the meal as I'm on a diet :( My fiancee assures me it was very tasty and is asking for another plateful :ROFLMAO:
I bet that salsa would be great on fish too or along side some grilled or breaded shrimp! Yum Yum!

I'm making Mark a chicken, potato, vegetable chowder. There is not a recipe. Something I'm throwing in the crock-pot. We'll see how it turns out.

I bet that salsa would be great on fish too or along side some grilled or breaded shrimp! Yum Yum!

Mmmmmmm I like the idea of breaded shrimp - might have to be next on the menu :mrgreen:

I'm making Mark a chicken, potato, vegetable chowder. There is not a recipe. Something I'm throwing in the crock-pot. We'll see how it turns out.

I'm sure it'll be perfect :) I must stop reading this thread as it's making me hungry :ROFLMAO:

Leftovers from last night, see tequila taco chicken thread. Chicken is gone, so will just brown some hamburger and do regular tacos, using some of the sauce in the meat.

Happy Birthday to you, msmofet!!
bday1.gif

Do you know where you're going for dinner yet?
thank you!! i don't know yet. my older daughter is being a pain. she doesn't want to go to my first choice so i guess i have to choose somewhere else.

Mmmmmmm I like the idea of breaded shrimp - might have to be next on the menu :mrgreen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean

I'm sure it'll be perfect :) I must stop reading this thread as it's making me hungry :ROFLMAO:

Like I said there is not a recipe. I put one chicken breast, 1 peeled/diced potato, chicken bouillon, garlic powder, italian seasoning, black pepper and 1 can evaporated milk in the crock-pot right now. The chicken breast was frozen, so I'll turn down the temp later to low. I'm also adding diced onion, carrot and celery. I started those in the oven, because they tend to take longer to cook.

I should have started this earlier. Now, I have to improvise. When the vegies are just about tender, I'll add them to the slow cooker. To thicken the chowder later, I'll either do that with a little flour or potato flakes.

Back
Top Bottom