What is for dinner on Tuesday, Dec 23rd???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
since we're getting ready for company tomorrow, dinner tonight will be just some soup and a cheese sandwich, while we prep for tomorrow and set the table. :)

I'll be in the kitchen baking and mixing all day so plan on burritos that I can throw the meat stuff in the crock and they assemble themselves when they want.

Lentil and lamb stew. I got the recipe from someone here, but I did not write down who so now I can't thank you whoever you are. It is delicious though. Made in the Crock pot with lamb shanks and swiss chard.

Prosciutto Purses
Salmon and Onion Dip with Curry Chips
Onion Marinated Steak with Roasted Shallot and Lamb Jus
Potato Scallion Pave and Mixed Greens
Caramelized Onion Figs with Cognac Cream and Prune Port Reduction

AKA http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/fun-with-onions-8-2-dinner-37105.html

Originally created that menu just to see if I could do an entire 5 course meal including dessert with prominent onion flavorings and still have it flow, and it turned into one of my favorite pre-determined meal sets.

chicken thighs simmered in vegetable broth , will make the broth into a creamy sauce when chicken is done. Either potatoes or noodles with it, string beans.
update: hubby and I enjoyed the chicken and the mashed potatoes and the beans. I didn't use a recipe for the chicken. What I did was simmer it in vegetable broth, added salt , pepper, ground orange powder , orange granules, onion powder. Added a little arrowroot to thicken it after chicken was done cooking. For the potatoes, I mashed it with sea salt,melange of pepper, onion powder, dried cilantro, dried basil, butter, and milk.

I ate my homemade tagliatelle,I'll upload the photo..now I 'll go sleeping as I have been cooking for Christmass all day long...

Making a pork roast. I had invited dd's boyfriend's family but they canceled while I was at work. Oh well, it has to be cooked so it will just be the four of us and only three of us eating. I have been eating cookies at work all day so I won't be hungry for awhile.

Pot roast with onions, carrots and mashed potatoes.

My son should be walking in the door any minute. He's home on leave til Monday. :wub:

I'm leaning towards chicken breasts and using some of Deelady's Zoatar seasoning mix on the chicken. Maybe some sghetti squash and green beans.

HEEHEE you mean the Zaatar? Have you tried it with pita bread? yummy!
Hope you like it!

I had....Burger King!! :ohmy::pig::ohmy::pig:

I will probably grab some soup from the freezer. I am cooking my stuffed ham now and when I get off this break I need to get busy and make my cake and dinner rolls for tomorrow.

HEEHEE you mean the Zaatar? Have you tried it with pita bread? yummy!
Hope you like it!

I had....Burger King!! :ohmy::pig::ohmy::pig:

I swear I saw an 'o' in there!!! LOL! Nope, have not tried it yet, but I'm pretty certain it is about to get used up!!! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Eggs benedict, pancakes, and bacon. If we get up the gumption later I will make eggnog so she can make eggnog bread.

Back
Top Bottom