"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Master Chef

What is for Dinner, Saturday, Aug. 22, 2009?

hurricane bill is causing nasty weather. we got big wind/tstorm/rain for many hours last night. i have lots of running to do today including dentist. so i have no clue whats for dinner. i will see what looks good and on sale when i go food shopping. maybe takeout burgers to go with some salad stuff from the supermarket salad bar.

whats cooking by you?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Cook

I decided to have a go at cooking homemade beefburgers today for dinner and this was the end result

They actually turned out pretty tasty but next time I'll use less herbs. I decided to use more herbs because the beef mince wasn't the best quality and next time I'll buy a better mince and maybe just season lightly. I'll post the recipe soon but for now you can see it here

Old 08-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
I decided to have a go at cooking homemade beefburgers today for dinner and this was the end result

They actually turned out pretty tasty but next time I'll use less herbs. I decided to use more herbs because the beef mince wasn't the best quality and next time I'll buy a better mince and maybe just season lightly. I'll post the recipe soon but for now you can see it here
WOW... I am still amazed at the camera your phone has!!

How did you get your mouth around those sandwiches???

I didn't check out the website yet. They look great and stunning picture!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
Master Chef

I'm not sure. I'm using the leftover cheese sauce from last night's mac-n-cheese to either make that again.. or have it over broccoli/cauliflower... not sure what else I'll have.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

LOL, that is a fine looking burger! Dinner here is going to be an seafood gumbo with red beans & rice and cornbread. I've got plenty of left over shrimp from last nights dinner to use along with halibut, crab meat and some oysters.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

We got a good sale price on dry pack sea scallops again today so that's what's on the menu. Either a tossed salad or cole slaw on the side.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
Master Chef

nice burgers JJ. btw you have never made burgers before? i usually just form and then spice and cook.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Master Chef

dentist took longer than i thought and i am in pain!! it started to pour so hard everything flooded. so i didn't do any errands or food shopping. so dinner will probably be broccoli and pasta. i'll go food shopping tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
WOW... I am still amazed at the camera your phone has!!

How did you get your mouth around those sandwiches???

I didn't check out the website yet. They look great and stunning picture!
Oh sorry I forgot to say we got a new camera on Wednesday I meant to say to you but forgot! A friend at work wanted to get rid of his Digital SLR so we decided to buy it off him and we're very pleased with the results. It's a Canon EOS 350D. Ellen is enjoying playing around with it very much and learning new things each day so it's all good

Don't worry my mouths not that big

I decided to take some photos the food during the cooking process so you'll have to take a peek VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I'm not sure. I'm using the leftover cheese sauce from last night's mac-n-cheese to either make that again.. or have it over broccoli/cauliflower... not sure what else I'll have.
I would be having the mac n cheese as that looked delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
LOL, that is a fine looking burger!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
nice burgers JJ. btw you have never made burgers before? i usually just form and then spice and cook.
Thanks MM . I know it's shocking but to be honest although I've always been into food I've never been that creative in the kitchen or adventruous and always stuck to quite boring things but since joining this site it's really inspired me hence why I'm doing things now for the first time......thanks to all of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
dentist took longer than i thought and i am in pain!! it started to pour so hard everything flooded. so i didn't do any errands or food shopping. so dinner will probably be broccoli and pasta. i'll go food shopping tomorrow.
I hope you're feeling better soom MM.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
Master Chef

My son-in-law's birthday today. I'm doing beef short ribs on the electric smoker, bbq'ing hot chicken wings on the kettle, and baking a couple of pizzas on the gas grill.