"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
Master Chef

What is for Dinner, Saturday, June 27th?

I have no idea what I'm making tonight.

What are you having?

Old 06-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Master Chef

Coming back to add... I think it's going to be pizza

Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm sure it will come as no surprise, but I have some little 3-4 ounce Catfish filets that will be coated with Uncle Bob's World Famous, Blue Ribbon, Award Winning Breading Mix, and then they will be cast into The Lake of Hot Peanut Oil to fry until golden brown...Hush puppies will be made (might chop up some fresh jalapeno in them just to be different) They too will take their turn in the Lake of Hot Peanut Oil....I have some Cabbage slaw that was chopped in the Cuisinart...Not sure I'm gonna like the texture...it is very fine. I think I like chopped with a knife mo-betta. Prolly will fry up a mess of FF Potatoes...Slice up some vidalia onions, and lemons too...Later, there will be Chocolate Ice Cream...But first!!!!! It's (almost) 5:00 on the East Coast so... Time for a spot of Bourbon....Hope you enjoy your supper...I promise you I will!!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

We are currently sipping gin and tonics as we watch the Red Sox game as the opening act to our dinner tonight.

I will be making shrimp scampi with artichokes to be served over pasta.

A side salad will accompany.

No chocolate ice cream but rice pudding is on the horizon for dessert.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
I'm sure it will come as no surprise, but I have some little 3-4 ounce Catfish filets that will be coated with Uncle Bob's World Famous, Blue Ribbon, Award Winning Breading Mix, and then they will be cast into The Lake of Hot Peanut Oil to fry until golden brown...Hush puppies will be made (might chop up some fresh jalapeno in them just to be different) They too will take their turn in the Lake of Hot Peanut Oil....I have some Cabbage slaw that was chopped in the Cuisinart...Not sure I'm gonna like the texture...it is very fine. I think I like chopped with a knife mo-betta. Prolly will fry up a mess of FF Potatoes...Slice up some vidalia onions, and lemons too...Later, there will be Chocolate Ice Cream...But first!!!!! It's (almost) 5:00 on the East Coast so... Time for a spot of Bourbon....Hope you enjoy your supper...I promise you I will!!!!
Your dinner sounds extra yummy! It's only 3:20 pm, here on the west coast. Dinner isn't for another few hours or so.

My BF Mark will probably have chocolate ice cream too, but that depends on how many pieces of pizza he has. Sometimes, if he eats too much of that kind of thing for dinner, ice cream doesn't mix well.

I never had my mandarin orange sherbet tonight, so I'll try that tonight. I love that stuff.. so refreshing in the summer!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We are currently sipping gin and tonics as we watch the Red Sox game as the opening act to our dinner tonight.

I will be making shrimp scampi with artichokes to be served over pasta.

A side salad will accompany.

No chocolate ice cream but rice pudding is on the horizon for dessert.
Your shrimp with artichokes dinner sounds delicious! Rice pudding sounds good too as I haven't had that in a long time. My Mom's sister makes the best rice pudding out of the family!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Executive Chef

UB, are you in the Eastern time zone? I was thinking Mississippi was in Central. My brother lives in Memphis and they are in the Central zone. I thought it changed about Alabama. But, you may have started sippin early!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
UB, are you in the Eastern time zone? I was thinking Mississippi was in Central. My brother lives in Memphis and they are in the Central zone. I thought it changed about Alabama. But, you may have started sippin early!
No..No...Uncle Bob in Central time zone...In the deep south it starts at the Alabama/Georgia line...Across Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas to the New Mexico state line....Yep it was 4:00 at my house...but..but it was 5:00 at Andy M's & GB's house, and I didn't want them to get one (or two) up on me....

Fun!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
...but..but it was 5:00 at Andy M's & GB's house, and I didn't want them to get one (or two) up on me....

Fun!!

Sorry, Uncle Bob. Cocktail hour starts at 4:00 Eastern Time on the weekends. Feel free to adjust you starting time accordingly.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:07 PM   #10
Master Chef

It's been pretty hot here, and my kitchen isn't air conditioned, so I start early. I already had some steak slices I'd grilled a few weeks ago and frozen. I had a couple of green mangoes and made a favorite of my husbands, green mango salad (a savory, not sweet/fruity salad). I'd already made the traditional cabbage kimchee last week, and made a similar salad from zuchini. Cooked some soba noodles and tossed them with peanut sauce. At dinner time, all I had to do was assemble them into a composed, pan-Asian salad. It was darned good, if I do say so myself.