What is for Dinner, Sunday, April 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I am going to have a salmon fillet, baked in a foil packet. I'll post the recipe later.

For Mark, I might make him his own personal shepherd's pie or pot pie.

What are you having for supper today?

Ma's Sunday:)
Pork tenderloin, wrapped in bacon, near the end of roasting, sliced apples sauted first in butter and brown sugar with some apple cider added,will be put around the meat. rice with mushrooms and onion, garlic and parsley. Salad of romaine with a cucumber dressing, green beans with butter, Italian bread, dessert ice cream sundae's or banana splits, depends on who wants what;)
kadesma, Happy Sunday

Vanilla Bean, I'm curious, why do you two always have different meals?

We are going to finally have my Mom's birthday dinner. So that means I'm (weather permitting) going to BBQ some burgers and have a big coleslaw too. Not sure what kind of dessert to make. Mom is diabetic and she's gone a bit overboard with the sweets the last few days. I may just do a fruit pizza or something.

I'm doing leftovers that I've invited neighbours/company to....just 2 of them.
I'd doing little tomatoes stuffed with tabbouli. Spiked onto toothpick, a cube of cheese with a cocktail onion...very tasty.....so....they're not leftovers.....also not a leftover, I made potato latkes to go with the leftovers which are, brisket/gravy; kasha and bowtiies; and another newbie, baby carrots done with a lemon/rosemary/butter sauce......I'll either make something for dessert, or just serve home made cookies, or go out and buy something a little fancier.....being that the guests are men, therefore there should be a dessert, right?

I'm going to the fish market soon - will be grilling either tuna or salmon, whichever looks best, along with a green salad and leftover Thai peanut noodle salad.

Roast chicken with lemons and herbs de provence, with baked sweet potatoes and spinach salad. I almost always do a roast chicken on Sunday so I can use the leftover meat during the week - I tend to get too impatient to cook meat every night!

I love cooking and over the weekends, I try to prepare couple of extra vegetables that would last me for extra 2-3 days. I am preparing Hyderabadi Mirchi Salan ( Indian Vegetable) that would last me for a few days along with Pudina Paneer ( my kids love this a lot).

Vanilla Bean, I'm curious, why do you two always have different meals?

We are going to finally have my Mom's birthday dinner. So that means I'm (weather permitting) going to BBQ some burgers and have a big coleslaw too. Not sure what kind of dessert to make. Mom is diabetic and she's gone a bit overboard with the sweets the last few days. I may just do a fruit pizza or something.

Well, it first started out as he wa a VERY picky eater, and I love everything (except okra and liver). I got tired of having the same kind of food every night.

Now, it has been since he found out he is a Type 2 Diabetic, that I'm planning different meals. I'm just trying to get used to this new meal regimen, but I don't want to sacrifice the fact that I love almost ALL food.

Change of plans, we had our menu out of order for the week. We're having Italian twice this week and though it best to separate them a little more and have Marzetti tonight and Lasagna Wed or possibly Thurs.

Grilled Chicken leg quarters, Couscous Salad and marinated left over roasted green beans with red beans and onion.

:furious:The plan is Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus, Salad with Butterscotch Apple Crisp. We are having a heat wave and I don't have the Air Conditioner in the window yet. If it cools down I will cook.

Tofu lettuce wraps

ft. shittake mushrooms, tofu and water chestnuts.Sweet chilies and hot mustard.

Hubby requested maple baked beans, so I soaked them last night and now have them in the oven. I also made a bowl of cole slaw and will grill burgers later on. I was even thinking brownies sure would taste good, but we sure don't need them!

Hubby requested maple baked beans, so I soaked them last night and now have them in the oven. I also made a bowl of cole slaw and will grill burgers later on. I was even thinking brownies sure would taste good, but we sure don't need them!

Nice combo, that sounds great! The brownies would be a nice sweet ending to the meal :)

Pork Chops.....
Sweet Potatoes......
Broccoli Casserole.......
Pink-Eye Peas.....
Corn Bread........
Cold sliced onion.......
Chocolate Ice Box Pie..............

:sleep:

:furious:The plan is Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus, Salad with Butterscotch Apple Crisp. We are having a heat wave and I don't have the Air Conditioner in the window yet. If it cools down I will cook.

Do you have an outdoor grill? You could grill the pork, potatoes and asparagus. I've even roasted on the grill - turn all the burners to high, put your food in disposable foil containers and roast away :) I learned a bunch of tricks like this when we renovated our kitchen a couple of years ago and had no stove for a couple of months.

Well, it first started out as he wa a VERY picky eater, and I love everything (except okra and liver). I got tired of having the same kind of food every night.

Now, it has been since he found out he is a Type 2 Diabetic, that I'm planning different meals. I'm just trying to get used to this new meal regimen, but I don't want to sacrifice the fact that I love almost ALL food.

good for u, i was married to a beef and potatoes guy. i would make myself the food i liked once in awhile. i too like everything, except liver. it gets boring eating the same old thing all the time. i too am a type 2, there is a lot we can eat. portion control is the key. such as i can eat one blueberry pancake, not three. use sugarless syrup. you will get used to it.

just cottage cheese tonite! i'm not so very sure i even like cottage cheese. i eat it often, just to be sure?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom