What is for dinner, Sunday, Feb. 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On my own tonight and too sore to cook so it will be soup or order in. Not that hungry so probably soup!

I'm going to have leftover chicken casserole, and I'm going to make Mark a pork chop (not sure how yet).

I think I'll make something like the below picture. It's a breaded pork chop cooked with bell pepper and green onion.
They were marinated for a few hours in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt -n- pepper, and basil. The homemade breadcrumbs
are just white bread crumbs, seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning. After the pork chops are breaded and browned in a skillet
I put them on a baking sheet in a foil packet. They are topped with bell pepper, green onion and sometimes sliced sweet onion. The baking time
is around 30-45 minutes at 375 F.

Here was Mark's dinner. I did almost the same thing, but I added parmesan cheese
to the top the last 5 minutes of cooking time. On the side were mashed potatoes and corn.
The potatoes had a bit of green onion added.
img_789320_0_9c8a4c32c6288cd2a1c98e3a225be949.jpg

img_789320_1_612b279dba3db1a38642b5f7cf79a99e.jpg

We had spankopita & spinach (green) couscous (with roasted garlic, sauteed fresh spinach & grilled veggies...green beans, carrots, aspragus & red peppers, all chopped up & mixed in). It was yummy.

We had chili tonight. I didn't have any onions (and I LOVE onions), so I had to use onion powder, but it was still good.

:)Barbara

We had chili tonight. I didn't have any onions (and I LOVE onions), so I had to use onion powder, but it was still good.

:)Barbara

I always keep the dehydrated onions on hand. I sometime use them when I have fresh onions and just feel lazy. Around here you can buy them for .88$ to a dollar a container. I also have onion powder, but sometimes you just gotta "see" the onions................

Back
Top Bottom