"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Master Chef

What is for dinner, Sunday, Feb. 8th?

I'm going to have leftover chicken casserole, and I'm going to make Mark a pork chop (not sure how yet).

I think I'll make something like the below picture. It's a breaded pork chop cooked with bell pepper and green onion.
They were marinated for a few hours in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt -n- pepper, and basil. The homemade breadcrumbs
are just white bread crumbs, seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning. After the pork chops are breaded and browned in a skillet
I put them on a baking sheet in a foil packet. They are topped with bell pepper, green onion and sometimes sliced sweet onion. The baking time
is around 30-45 minutes at 375 F.

What about you?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Head Chef

I am soaking beans right now. Going to make 15 bean soup with a ham bone I have in the freezer.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Sweet & sour prok made in the slow cooker while we were at church.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Brinned and grilled big fat pork chops, orzo with romano and parmesan cheese, grilled asparagus and also some large artichokes the kids wanted, endive and escarole salad with homemade garlic croutons, sliced red onion, avocado and pears...Dessert creme brulee.
Happy Sunday

kadesma
Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
Executive Chef

making another batch of calzones, I made filling for two batches, so need to get the bread machine working on the dough

dh just called and he is on his way home...so will have to fix some more grub, probably potatoes of some sort, and broccoli..
Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Going to grill some delmonico steaks (it is going to be high of 60 today!!!) baked potatoes, and sauteed onions and mushrooms.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Swimp Po-Boys....dressed!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
Executive Chef

I think we're having spicy chicken buffalo balls with blue cheese dressing. I bought and cooked the chicken last night and some Mexican blend cheese but I'm not 100% convinced the cheese choice is the right one. I have mozarella and cheddar here and I could combine those two and ditch the Mexican blend. I have some time to think what cheese combo I'll use but I definitely know that I am making the chicken balls.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
I think we're having spicy chicken buffalo balls with blue cheese dressing. I bought and cooked the chicken last night and some Mexican blend cheese but I'm not 100% convinced the cheese choice is the right one. I have mozarella and cheddar here and I could combine those two and ditch the Mexican blend. I have some time to think what cheese combo I'll use but I definitely know that I am making the chicken balls.

What are Chicken Balls??
Old 02-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
What are Chicken Balls??
A whole chicken, deboned and shreaded, cheese, green onions, rolled in panko and fried. It's like boneless hot wings only gooier.