What is for dinner, Sunday, Feb. 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I'm going to have leftover chicken casserole, and I'm going to make Mark a pork chop (not sure how yet).

I think I'll make something like the below picture. It's a breaded pork chop cooked with bell pepper and green onion.
They were marinated for a few hours in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt -n- pepper, and basil. The homemade breadcrumbs
are just white bread crumbs, seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper, italian seasoning. After the pork chops are breaded and browned in a skillet
I put them on a baking sheet in a foil packet. They are topped with bell pepper, green onion and sometimes sliced sweet onion. The baking time
is around 30-45 minutes at 375 F.
img_788926_0_64174848084358b61d7c4c47aa7bec4e.jpg

What about you?

I am soaking beans right now. Going to make 15 bean soup with a ham bone I have in the freezer.

Brinned and grilled big fat pork chops, orzo with romano and parmesan cheese, grilled asparagus and also some large artichokes the kids wanted, endive and escarole salad with homemade garlic croutons, sliced red onion, avocado and pears...Dessert creme brulee.
Happy Sunday

kadesma

making another batch of calzones, I made filling for two batches, so need to get the bread machine working on the dough;)

dh just called and he is on his way home:cool:...so will have to fix some more grub, probably potatoes of some sort, and broccoli..

Going to grill some delmonico steaks (it is going to be high of 60 today!!!) baked potatoes, and sauteed onions and mushrooms.

I think we're having spicy chicken buffalo balls with blue cheese dressing. I bought and cooked the chicken last night and some Mexican blend cheese but I'm not 100% convinced the cheese choice is the right one. I have mozarella and cheddar here and I could combine those two and ditch the Mexican blend. I have some time to think what cheese combo I'll use but I definitely know that I am making the chicken balls.

I think we're having spicy chicken buffalo balls with blue cheese dressing. I bought and cooked the chicken last night and some Mexican blend cheese but I'm not 100% convinced the cheese choice is the right one. I have mozarella and cheddar here and I could combine those two and ditch the Mexican blend. I have some time to think what cheese combo I'll use but I definitely know that I am making the chicken balls.

What are Chicken Balls??

Swimp Po-Boys....dressed!

I'm eating with you! Make sure to have enough!

Seriously, I just bought a rice cooker so want to try it out. Will make a big batch of rice, add some chicken and cheese and ranch dressing mix to make a casserole with some mixed veggies on the side.

I'm eating with you! Make sure to have enough!

Seriously, I just bought a rice cooker so want to try it out. Will make a big batch of rice, add some chicken and cheese and ranch dressing mix to make a casserole with some mixed veggies on the side.

I love my little rice cooker, I make homemade rice pilaf in it all the time. It is so easy when I do Indian or Chinese, I just through the rice in the cooker while I make the main part of the meal.

French Onion Soup from a few days ago and panini (basil/garlic/kosher salt flavored oil, roasted red peppers, water-packed mozzarella, prosciutto, arugula, and baby romaine).

My boyfriends roommate brought back some really yummy pork for the two of them... so we'll see if he wants to share haha

I originally got the recipe from the Food Network but I've modified it a bunch.

You take 1 fully roasted chicken (either roast it at home or buy it at the store, I prefer to cook my own)
Remove all the meat and toss it in the food processor and pulse it to break it down so it's workable.
Add two cups of your favorite cheese, this time I used mozarella and cheddar. You can use cheddar or a mix.
Add 6 green onions
Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of hot sauce to taste.

Form into balls

Mix salt and pepper into dredging flour.
Dredge in flour, then egg wash, then in panko bread crumbs. Deep fry at 350 until golden OR bake on cooling rack cookie sheet. Frying is faster, but baking is healthier. Although baking takes longer too.

To reheat place in cast iron pan, do not microwave or they become really gummy, and place in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Roll them around a couple times throughout the process.

We're having a chef salad with avocados, Roma tomatoes, real bacon, and Ken's Ceasar dressing, with a little crusty bread on the side.

Back
Top Bottom