What is for dinner Sunday Jan. 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to do chicken breasts with a cranberry/cinnamon/chévre filling, mashed taters and a couple veggie sides, not yet determined. I got the cheese for something else but never made it so will try it with the chicken...should be interesting if nothing else!

lots of munchy type stuff for the football games ..
ABTs .. two fattys .. one with itatlian sausage and piuzza toppings inside ..
one with breakfast sausage and cheese ..
teriaki(SP) wings and buffalo wings ..
some kind of dip DW is making ..
and a foil packet of polish sausage, green peppers, onions, jalapenos and sweet and sour sauce ..
maybe a beer or two ..

I just finished Sunday Dinner....

Chied Fricken...
Broccoli Casserole.....
Yellow Squash/with Caramelized onions...
Garlic Mashed Potatoes....
Chicken Gravy for those that wanted it...Me!;)
Banana Pudding to die for!!!:clap:

Supper will be light....

I was thinking Spaghetti, now Fried Chicken sounds good. I don't know..........

I just finished Sunday Dinner....

Chied Fricken...
Broccoli Casserole.....
Yellow Squash/with Caramelized onions...
Garlic Mashed Potatoes....
Chicken Gravy for those that wanted it...Me!;)
Banana Pudding to die for!!!:clap:

Supper will be light....

Glad to know I'm not the only one that likes caramelized onions and yellow squash! It's DEEEEEVINE!

I guess it will be the last of that dang Hoppin' John. I will be so glad to see that stuff go!

I'll finish the other half of the Cornish hen I made the other night. I stuffed it with pineapple, dried cherries, coconut, and toasted walnuts. Will polish off the dirty mashed potatoes with garlic I made last night. Christmas sweets for dessert if I feel like it. I've felt like crap the last two days.

So, I've been making all sorts of great stuff the last 2 weeks, DH has been on vacation... so I haven't posted much.

So now he goes back tonight, I got plenty of time to post....
BUT I'm not making anything!
Go figure.

Leftover Chicken Wild rice soup I suppose.
:)

I'll finish the other half of the Cornish hen I made the other night. I stuffed it with pineapple, dried cherries, coconut, and toasted walnuts. Will polish off the dirty mashed potatoes with garlic I made last night. Christmas sweets for dessert if I feel like it. I've felt like crap the last two days.
Katie, sorry you felt lousy , hope you are feeling better soon. Your Cornish hen sounds delicious.

Hi all! After a long absence I'm back and glad to be back.

Tonight it is goin to be true comfort food... sloppy joes and my 1st attempt at home-made mac & cheese.

For us its Greek marinaded chicken thighs, oven roasted veggies, and brown rice....maybe some garlic cheese bread

I made "Santa Fe Chipotle" soup for lunch - it was a mix from Bear Creek brand which was purchased at the grocery store. It had a tomato-y broth with spiral pasta, peppers, onions, and corn in it. It was pretty good for a quick-fix meal.

DH just said he would fix a sandwich and chips for supper, so I guess I ain't doing any real cookin' today! LOL

I felt yukky all day, guess a cold is coming on and so I think I'll just have some lentil soup and watch the cats try to kill each other.
My brother invited me over, but my sister-in-law is such a whiner I don't feel like driving 62 miles one way just to listen to her carp about having to cook.

Well, due to weather, illness and the fact it is already the 4th of January, my family Christmas dinner has been canceled all together. DH and I will take my Dad out some time during the week and then my sister will do the same next weekend (she and DH have no coordinating days off for the next 2 months. On top of that my leg is swollen and sore again so I have to stay off it as much as possible.

Since I have to use the turkey breast today (I thawed it for stuffing and serving to the family today). I am roasting it unstuffed and pairing it with plain rice, broccoli and if I can make some from what little drippings I get from a 2 pound lean breast, gravy. I am unfortunately not in a creative mode to make it a fancy meal.

Oh, and all the appies I made for today (troutiere in phyllo, mushroom bundles, mini quiche and spinach rolls) are becoming snacks as I can't freeze them once they are baked. Will probably send it with DH to work tomorrow!

I felt yukky all day, guess a cold is coming on and so I think I'll just have some lentil soup and watch the cats try to kill each other.
My brother invited me over, but my sister-in-law is such a whiner I don't feel like driving 62 miles one way just to listen to her carp about having to cook.

She has a talking carp that cooks? I want one! :LOL:

Hi Dave! Welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom