What is for dinner Sunday Jan. 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
{{{HUG}}} Here is a hug for you miss VB... and a hug for the meatball keeping you company!

The meatball thanks you, hahahahahahaha

That is marvelous!!! Thanks for making me laugh, you two!!!

I hope it is a large enough meatball to go with the ditalini and pomodoro. Protein is important for a healthy meal.:chef:

Well, due to weather, illness and the fact it is already the 4th of January, my family Christmas dinner has been canceled all together. DH and I will take my Dad out some time during the week and then my sister will do the same next weekend (she and DH have no coordinating days off for the next 2 months. On top of that my leg is swollen and sore again so I have to stay off it as much as possible.

Since I have to use the turkey breast today (I thawed it for stuffing and serving to the family today). I am roasting it unstuffed and pairing it with plain rice, broccoli and if I can make some from what little drippings I get from a 2 pound lean breast, gravy. I am unfortunately not in a creative mode to make it a fancy meal.

Oh, and all the appies I made for today (troutiere in phyllo, mushroom bundles, mini quiche and spinach rolls) are becoming snacks as I can't freeze them once they are baked. Will probably send it with DH to work tomorrow!

How disappointing Laurie. I really was hoping to hear about your holiday bash. You dh's workmates are really going to be loving you!!!! Everything sounds so good, I wish I were working with him. lol

To be honest I don't have a clue. I don't feel like fixing anything so I guess I will wait until I get hungry and go from there.

After reading all of the posts I am starting to get hungry :)

To be honest I don't have a clue. I don't feel like fixing anything so I guess I will wait until I get hungry and go from there.

After reading all of the posts I am starting to get hungry :)

I didn't either. It was a toss up between Fried Chicken and Spaghetti. I have the sauce and beef/hot sausage meat balls cooking now. I think that will be for later this week. I am going to fry Chicken, buttered/chive Orzo and some veggie when I get around to it. I am also thinking about making a pot of Veggie Soup as I have a small head of cabbage that I need to do something with. I just need to get off this D%$# computer.:ROFLMAO:

Hi all I am fairly new to this forum.. I have to say i am glad i found it.. So many great ideas.

Tonight i made chicken and dumplings for the first time. It turned out great.. :chef:

I made myself a fish taco with a side of mexican rice (cooked rice mixed with a little salsa) Nothing fancy, but I'm hooked on fish tacos for some reason.

I made my BF 2 hotdogs with relish and ketchup and a nice tossed salad with ranch dressing.

Tuna/white bean salad with grape tomatoes, sweet onion, celery, red pepper, green peas, corn, black olives, etc. Served with warm crispy baguette. Chocolate cupcakes for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom