What is for dinner Sunday Jan. 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking chicken with lemon and capers.... some sort of sides that I have not figured out yet.

Yum. Do you have a recipe for this or will just experiment? Sounds delicous

Sorry, I almost missed ya there... you talkin to me right??? You talking to me? :LOL::LOL:

I got the idea off that link someone posted about Daily Food P***, it looked so good! So I found this recipe to try!!!

I may have to clean out the fridge today. Blech. Maybe something comfort foody like homemade mac n cheese and salad. I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW!!

Sattie, my friend, the party is over over over.... I've been off for the past 11 days, and it's back to work tomorrow. Between my parents early December visit and all this time off I'm done eating, done cooking and done period.

I've got one leftover meatball and some pomodoro sauce in the fridge. Lou has to head back to Philly so it's a solo dinner tonight (unless Coco sticks around, that is) of that one meatball and a cup of ditalini. No cocktail, no wine, no jazz....just me and my meatball.

Fried chicken, rice and not sure what veggie to go with it but just in the mood for something simple.

I just finished Sunday Dinner....

Chied Fricken...
Broccoli Casserole.....
Yellow Squash/with Caramelized onions...
Garlic Mashed Potatoes....
Chicken Gravy for those that wanted it...Me!;)
Banana Pudding to die for!!!:clap:

Supper will be light....

Sattie, my friend, the party is over over over.... I've been off for the past 11 days, and it's back to work tomorrow. Between my parents early December visit and all this time off I'm done eating, done cooking and done period.

I've got one leftover meatball and some pomodoro sauce in the fridge. Lou has to head back to Philly so it's a solo dinner tonight (unless Coco sticks around, that is) of that one meatball and a cup of ditalini. No cocktail, no wine, no jazz....just me and my meatball.

{{{HUG}}} Here is a hug for you miss VB... and a hug for the meatball keeping you company!

I just finished Sunday Dinner....

Chied Fricken...
Broccoli Casserole.....
Yellow Squash/with Caramelize onions...
Garlic Mashed Potatoes....
Chicken Gravy for those that wanted it...Me!;)
Banana Pudding to die for!!!:clap:

Supper will be light....

DH would love to know about this killer pudding!

I have chili simmering . I browned some ground beef, added some things I had left over in the fridge : sliced red onions, 1/2 cup red pepper dip that was in a jar, 1/2 cup tapenade that was in a jar, sea salt , pepper, dark red kidney beans . I wanted to use up what was left in the jars. I must say I tasted the chili, and cannot describe it, not sweet , not hot , not bland.. I guess it could be called interesting taste . ;)
When chili is done , in a serving bowl, I will add a topping of shredded cheddar and of course crusty bread to go with it .

Hubby liked the chili so much he had two bowls of it.:pig:

Last edited:
I have a whole bunch of pulled pork that I cooked in the crockpot,so......
its a choice of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with my homemade coleslaw

OR carnitas with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo and all the other yummy toppings!
Hubby can choose when he gets home from work.......just wish EVERYTHING didnt give me heartburn these days:neutral:

beef roast

mashed potatoes made with butter, sour cream, s&p, fresh minced garlic and horseradish

baked sweet potato chunks in EVOO, s&p

cole slaw

Back
Top Bottom