What is for Dinner this Friday, April 17th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
It's early here.. just after 4 am, but I'm awake.

I'm making http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f62/tnt-easy-and-fast-chili-56710.html, using very lean ground beef. With that, cornbread (from the freezer and for me) and crackers (I found Parmesan-Garlic Triscuits crackers, and they are awesome! They are for Mark ...a few with his chili. They are whole wheat, so a few won't matter, I don't think).

To start things off... tossed salads... Iceberg/spinach mix with carrot and celery... Italian dressing.

What are you having on this TGIF?

Last edited:
I'm home alone tonight since DH has class. I'll probably warm up some of the chicken joes we had the other day.

Pasta of some kind with tomatoes and garlic and grated Parmigiana Reggiano. :) ( I don't like to cook on Friday nights, and this requires minimal effort.) ;)

leftover pork loin, applesauce (chunky - made w/ roast), mashed potatoes & something green :rolleyes:

Having a pork tenderloin with ginger and orange marmalade glaze and sauted apple rings, white rice with onions and a little garlic, found some cardoni will par boil then bread and fry,green salad, rolls, dessert, blackberry cobbler and ice cream.
kadesma:)

Hmmm two for pork. I was thinking pork myself. I;ll see. Tonight is our first night home together as a family in a week so I'd like us to have something nice to finish the week off right. I know for sure I'm making a lemon pie for dessert. We have someone stopping by tonight so I need something to serve. I think maybe a pork roast would be nice. Shopping time!

No real dinner today, recovering from a bad bout of diverticulitis , have to eat lightly , broths, jello, etc. Can't cook anyway while in severe pain.

Here is what the three of us are having. Herbed chicken in a rich sauce of Italian sausage, onions, and sweet red peppers. With that I love croissants and green beans almondine. For desert it has to be something chocolate with whipped cream. I love real whipped cream.

'mo meat today. i plated new york strip, roasted shallot whipped taters, & roasted root veggies for presentation & critiqueing, then glopped on the food..... a grilled portabello, a piece of artichoke, a slice of a grilled meat that resembled flank, Chef said it was something else, a sliver of meatloaf, garlic spinach, oven-roasted tomato slice, oblique carrot. snacked on fries & roasted baby potatoes while we cooked.

we also cooked the pittsburgh-rare medallions, burgers, 6 roasts, & liver/bacon/caramelized onions.

Grilled steaks with seasoned oil rub. Grilled mashed cauliflower.
Grape tomato and cucumber salad. I'm drooliing!

Thai red chicken curry. I've been craving it lately, but have been avoiding it because of the coconut milk (trying to lose 40 pounds). I'm going to break down and make it tonight.

Grilled steaks with seasoned oil rub. Grilled mashed cauliflower.
Grape tomato and cucumber salad. I'm drooliing!

sounds great. looks like we're on the same page with grilling.

i just ate rd. meat 2 days in a row & i'm hungry again for it for my "evening din-din." :pig:jake probably won't complain!

I have been off my cooking game for awhile (thank heaven for leftovers, I always make too much), but I will not eat another bite of leftover Chinese takeout or stir fry. There is still some sauce for pasta in the fridge, so that may be the start of tonight's recycled dinner. There is definitely some green apple sorbet in my immediate future this evening.

Bourbon.......
Chied Fricken.....
Butter Beans..........
Boiled Okra.....
Yellow Squash/Onions....
Corn Bread
Sliced Onions........
Chocolate Ice Cream......

oh my god, is it dinner time again? lol.............i have a pork chop in fridge for two days, must do something with it. i am thinking a stir fry. maybe, lol.ended up last night with just a baked potato oh and a piece of chocl.banana cake i am working out.

haven't really been interested in much this last week. sometimes it is just to hard, right kate.

reason for bp. scallops had gone bad.

Not sure, just Dad and I tonight so maybe leftover ham, pot roast or just hot dogs with fried onions. Whatever we have I know we will each have a glass of milk. I haven't drank so much milk since I left home when he and I used to have it every meal! History is almost repeating itself!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom