What is for Dinner this Friday the 13th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
Tonight, I'm going to make myself a panini, using my George Foreman little grill. That will have Havarti cheese, bacon and onion. Yummy! Possibly, some tomato soup on the side.

I took out a chicken breast for Mark, and I'm not sure what do to do with it yet.

I am making a quick and easy Indian curry tonight with some Trader Joe's curry sauce. I am going to put frozen breasts in the crock with the sauce at lunchtime and make the rice after work. We're going to a concert tonight so this will save me loads of time and we won't have to eat out.

I think Beef tomatoes, sliced in half, drizzled with ex. virgin oil, a little chopped garlic & basil, baked in the oven, then drizzled balsamic & oil on top when done, served with some hot french crusty bread to dip in. Friday nights not a lot of time & this is so tasty.

Easy dinner: chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on) drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with herbes de provence (salt & pepper ofc) and baked. Maybe brown rice on the side (a personal favorite) and steamed veggies.

dinner could be grease, from the online menu where we plan to have dinner....dh is about to die if we lose the Christmas gift card he received from this restaurant, which expires at the end of this month

My GF, her niece, nieces boyfriend and I are moving some furniture into an apartment tonight for dear GF's sister, so I'll probably pick up some hot wings and beer for the after move party.

I was so tired around dinner time yesterday so I popped in a frozen pizza for dinner instead of making the dinner I had planned. So we will have ham, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans and fruit tonight instead.

Well, I pulled out my meat that I bought Wednesday and noticed the ribs I bought were dated yesterday so we're having those. They looked and smelled fine and my fridge is new and nice and cold so I don't think they'll be a problem one day after the "use by" date. I did sear them to see if they smelled funny and they were fine. I made a sauce (for the crock) with KC Masterpiece, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and a touch of honey. Really wish I had written it down. I'm going to brown them in the broiler just before serving.

I'll serve it with baked beans and salad. It's 70 degrees today so it's a nice spring feel.

Smoked chicken enchilladas, with a homemade tomatillo, jalapeno, lime, orange juice sauce... "Cowboy beans" with onion, green pep, garlic, diced toms, green chilis, jalapeno, chipotle seasoning and paprika... corn soufle... some ICE COLD Dos Equis w/ lime!

I made a deal with DH today. He was able to purchase the upgrade to his computer game and I can order a pizza for my supper!

Our noon meal is sausage gravy over noodles (DH can't have biscuits and I don't have the energy to make gluten free ones). I have to thank Mama for turning me into a sausage gravy manic!

Deep Fried Friday

Tonight I fixed deep fried Bay Scallops, Cod Fish, Crab Cakes, Sweet Yellow Pepper and Asparagus...

Every bite was eaten... Yum!

fried.jpg

I've decided to make Mark a chicken salad. I'm baking the chicken breast, as I type, with garlic powder and salt-n-pepper.

I'll make my sandwich.. sooner or later.

The chicken salad looks really good :)
Thank you. It was plain Iceberg lettuce, carrots, celery with a baked, sliced chicken breaast on top. He enjoyed it.

My panini was great, even though it was hard to photograph. I LOVE Havarti cheese, and it's one of my favorites. Friday morning, I had a craving for it and decided it would go well with bacon and onion for a sandwich! It's a really good melty cheese for sandwiches. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom