What is for Dinner this Saturday, 2-4-12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think I may whip up a General Tso/Thai Chili/Orange/Scallion chicken dish tonight. Fried rice may be a good idea too.

Yumm, PPO!

Lunch was bacon and eggs, extra crispy. DH brought home some lovely New York strips, thinking of grilling on the little hibachi, and making some microwave potato chips, with Kernel Seasons sour cream and onion sprinkle.

image-2844968259.jpg

Our 91 year old Grandma's homemade from scratch meat ravioli. All the meat stuff left in the pot after the sauce is done goes into these. They're about an inch thick. Special treat just once a year.

I have some baby backs in the fridge chillin with a dry rub on them and wrapped in foil. They'll go into the oven in a while for a couple hours at low temp, out of the foil, and then onto the grill to finish. Grilled peppers and onions to go with. Grilled small yukon gold potatoes. Salad of romaine and grape tomatoes.

Spent the day in a workshop and the brain is fried! We're heading out somewhere. DH suggested 5 Guys but I have coupons for Cheeseburger in Paradise and Smokey Bones so I'm hoping to go to one of those.

Pad Thai tonight. Our daughter is home from college for the weekend and she specifically requested it. She seems to be finding her way home with a lot more frequency these days. Does that mean she actually misses us old folks... or does she just miss the food? :chef:

I had a hamburger steak, seasoned with steak rub and a bit of Frank's RedHot (kinda wimpy for something called red hot) and then some mushroom and onion sauce. I had a salad of curly lettuce and English cucumber slices with evoo, balsamic vinegar, and a bit of freshly ground pepper. Oh and as a condiment: 2 slices of crispy bacon (low sodium).

Back
Top Bottom